Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think i would need to do to make my hatch fast in the staright line hugh in the curves and turn like a pro. oh and stop as well if you can't stop you just screwed. also i was thinking of getting some sparco bucket seats. which one do you guys suggest.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
You are goin to have to work on your suspension... sway bars front/rear and possibly a little added negative camber on the front/rear tires. You will also need to stiffen it up a bit, front/rear strut bar, rear lower tie bar, etc.

For speed, consider a turbo or a swap.

I wouldn't waste any money on racing seats. You can do quite a bit to your car for what they will cost you.

I would also look at brakes... GSR/EX/SI brake swap up front, rear discs, new pads rotors all around, stainless lines, etc.

You can pick up most of the parts for the brake swap and front/rear sway bars from a salvage yard, so shop around and you can save yourself some money.

You may also need to go to coilovers if you are really serious about handling.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hyjnx said:
how do seats make ur hatch fast ?
they don't i was just asking if any one has them and do they like them. oh wait they can make my hatch faster there lighter hahahahahah

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
B18C1 Turbo with Tein coilovers

·
Registered
396 Posts
a racing seat will make you be able to take curves a little faster since you won't be falling out of the stock seat (but only get it used/cheap if you can). definitely get some anti-sway bars, i'd suggest a Suspension Techniques kit, that'll complete your suspension. i wouldn't put any money into strut bars unless you can get em for under $50 off ebay or something.
What model civic do you have? The pic isn't good enough on my computer to see if you've got rear discs. if not, get the rear discs off an Si... then i'd just upgrade to stainless steel braided lines and performance brake pads...
as for going fast... swap, turbo, or build up your motor (raised compression, fuel system mods, performance cams, etc)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Well If you dont mind vinyl seats and arospeed. You could pick up some vinyl seat covers that fit like a glove and look real nice. They ahve them in silver/black red/black yellow/black. I think they make them for your hatch. Well for handling Id go and pick up eibach pro-system plus. It includes front and rear sway bars, shocks/stuts, springs, bump-stops, and dampers. They tested it on a ford focus and knocked off about 7secs off stock suspension.

As for speed engine swap engine swap engine swap. Now that all depends on hos much money you can have. You could go all motor, turbo. Just depends on your $$ and you goals. Id go Ls nonvtec and turbo it. Thatsjust me though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts