Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some info before I do something drastic to my car. Im kinda stuck between getting a Greddy Turbo kit or a JRSC for my car. Im not planning to do alot of Drag racing at all, Im more of a cone chaser. ANd I want to know which would most benefit me in Autocrossing. I heard that the low compression of a turbo setup could hender the performace on autocrossing. SO if you can help me out it would be very helpful. And one more thing I wanna keep my car a Daily driver. So no Drag III turbos for my car. Danm Emmsions.

· Registered
1,063 Posts
go turbo! im almost stock and i beat a sc'ed gsr! i couldnt believe it... they are trash... just either go vortech, but you wont go wrong with a turbo... what else you think people in the turbo forum will say?

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SoFlaGS-T said:
go turbo! im almost stock and i beat a sc'ed gsr! i couldnt believe it... they are trash... just either go vortech, but you wont go wrong with a turbo... what else you think people in the turbo forum will say?
Well I thought people in the Turbo forum would give good advice and info for what I need. I was looking for un-bias answers. And if they say "Go Turbo!!" they would tell me why I should go.

· Registered
624 Posts
both types of Fi has advantages and disadvantages. i'm not a JRSC hater but i would definitely admit that i'm a turbo freak. the GReddy design is not a bad choice for a daily driven turbo car. their system provides a small quick spool turbo of either the TDO4-h 15g (for SOHC) or TDO5-h 18g (for DOHC). small turbo is equal to less lag (or even no lag). the company incorporated a reliable set-up utilizing an FMU which modifies electrical signal to the ECU to enrich fuel scheduling during boost period. the BOV on a turbo set-up can be intimidating to others. it attracts plenty of attention (which should not be the primary reason why people should get a turbo kit).......ohhh, and the look on the face of other people as the turbo timer starts the countdown.

the JRSC design is a roots type blower with an added "bypass" valve to bypass boost. this mechanical feature is actually impessive, IMO. the demand of boost still relies on the accelerator. boost lag is not apparent on SC. the power curve is evenly distributed.....which is also achievable on some turbo set-up.

· Registered
345 Posts
I was in the same boat between Blower and turbo...

I was chatting my idea to my bro's tuner and the bad thing w/ a blower is the intake air temp. is so hot!!! The thing I liked about blowers is that it isn't too many parts pretty simple, and instant tq/hp!! But then that is pretty much it! DONE...later can swap out different pulley's for more boots, w/ turbo ya can run low boost for daily driving and crank it up some at the track and the intake air temp. w/ an intercooler is tons cooler, = not as harsh on the motor internals w/ heat. I am looking into a greddy kit, and I hear very little lag, so w/ auto-x I know ya need low end!!! Either way it will be a whole new animal to drive!!! I am going to turbo because you can build on it so much more and tuning wise....later when I get more serious can swap the turbo for a bigger one and you can always run higher boost, as long as your motor is ready for it!!!

Good luck!

I have two buddy's who have JRSC and it sounds like an indy car' that whine, they are both running mid-upper 13's little over 100mph w/ traction, not sure what a greddy around 10psi will do yet, still searching - I am drag racer so that is my direction...

· Registered
81 Posts
I have jrsc'd gsr and am getting ready to go turbo...i thought the super charger would be good enough for me but no matter what your always going to want to go faster...the super charger is limited.....

· Retired *********
4,663 Posts
Personally from what I have read on the subject a supercharger (JRSC or Vortech) would be better for Auto-X because they provide better low-end power. A turbo, on the other hand, is better for drag racing because they provide better high-end power.
Your best bet is to talk to some Auto-X guys that have similar cars to yours and see what they recommend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.