Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I plan on getting a 1999 4 door accord, and I wanted to do a h22 swap in it, I was wondering what is best and more reliable, a supercharged h22 or an all motor. I live in alabama so I want to beat out most of these muscle cars.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
an na is always going to be more reliable (easier to maintain too). personally, i have more respect for someone who has a 350 whp na build then a 400 whp turbo build. thats just me. id say go for na. still sleeve the block, run some 12.5:1 pistons, valve job, cams, and the usual bolt ons. youll be pretty fast with that. then a good ecu ie; www.phearable.net (who i went with for my chipped p28) and a good dyno tune and youll be even better off. plus, if you do ever decide to go F/I, youll have the bottom end already sleeved :D

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Rialability wise, they will be the same if properly tuned. The NA route will actually put more wear on the engine because you have huge cams under the hood at even idle. Whereas the SC setup will be using stock cams and only boost when you need it. It will not boost at idle or cruising speeds. Only when the foot goes down does it become noticeable.

Whatever you do, it sounds like a nice project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.