1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Gains and loses about both setups really

·
Registered
45 Posts
really depends on what you want out of your car.
if you're looking for really high HP #'s, you like to drag race, or just wanna have the fastest civic in town, go with Turbo.

If you're just looking for more power from your daily driver, you like autocross and road racing, go SC.

as long as you maintain them like their supposed to be, you don't have to worry about reliability of Turbo over SC and vice versa.

like you said, both have their ups and downs. 1st, set a goal for your car, then do research and decide which way you want to go to acheive that....

·
Registered
189 Posts
i_like_cars2 said:
really depends on what you want out of your car.
if you're looking for really high HP #'s, you like to drag race, or just wanna have the fastest civic in town, go with Turbo.

If you're just looking for more power from your daily driver, you like autocross and road racing, go SC.

as long as you maintain them like their supposed to be, you don't have to worry about reliability of Turbo over SC and vice versa.

like you said, both have their ups and downs. 1st, set a goal for your car, then do research and decide which way you want to go to acheive that....
Agree :number1

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GOAL

Heres what I would like to is have a quick civic but Really i guess for show tickets get expensive also ins but I would like to take to the track maybe one or twice just to play. I would like to put a 100 shot or 50 shot on aswell. tips?????? :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
LOSTCIVIC said:
Heres what I would like to is have a quick civic but Really i guess for show tickets get expensive also ins but I would like to take to the track maybe one or twice just to play. I would like to put a 100 shot or 50 shot on aswell. tips?????? :)
tip 1) don't tell you're insurance company you added a turbo, SC.
or NOS for that matter. :)

i'm thinking maybe SC for you? a little less expensive then full turbo setup. it doesn't sound like you want to build a drag car either. it's really up to you though. both would make nice show peices and if you wanted to take it to the track a few times, you'd definitely be able to.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
why not go with a nitrous setup?? safest and easiest way to go.

but if ur trying to find comparisons. if u want something plain and simple den go with a blower but if u want to be able to get more power out of ur car in the long run turbo is the way to go.
with a turbo setup theres all kinds of shit u can do in the future once u have it all setup in there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.