Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 94 gsr, and wanna get an ls block. are ls/vtec good for supercharging? and im thinking of getting a type r head... or is that just a waste of money? and stick with a new b18c1 head?

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well my engine has 108k miles on it... so i dont really want to supercharge it with all those miles. and i just want a new engine, and i was thinkin that the frankenstein would be the most power for the money.

· Registered
353 Posts
You have a b18c1 why would u swap. With all the money you spend on doing a B20VTEC which isnt all that reliable, you could spend on either doing some major major work on the engine as a n/a engine or as a turbocharged engine. Rip it open and strengthen things up in there and turbo it. Or get some high compression pistons. Improve airfl, cams, cam grears. etc
a little dyno time and you got yourself a fast engine. Both would be reliable.

· Registered
909 Posts
dateg said:
i have a 94 gsr, and wanna get an ls block. are ls/vtec good for supercharging? and im thinking of getting a type r head... or is that just a waste of money? and stick with a new b18c1 head?
Don't do it... Besides the inherent problems in an LS/Vtec engine, which can be dealt with if built properly, the biggest detraction would be a worse rod/stroke ratio... Increases side loading on your sleeves. B18C1 + SC = Safe High Revs For Mad Power... You do not need the extra torque from an ls/vtec, you will more than make up for the difference with the ability to rev higher safely. Better choice would be to sleeve and bore your B18C1 to 84mm, which is basically a 2L B18C1. It will have a r/s ratio pretty close to stock, although the bore differences will create a slight r/s difference it will still be much better than a typical LS/Vtec.

· Registered
6 Posts
i have an ls-vtec

i have an ls-vtec, and i decided to go all motor, so now i have a fully built ls-vtec engine, and believe me, i fuck up alot of cars on the street...i've beaten corvettes...mustang gt's....mustang cobra's....fully built GSR engines, turbo GSR (light to light while he was runnin stock PSI) and literally fucked up regular civic's an teg's....go all motor with your ls-vtec...its alot of hp and torque...well worth it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.