Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm seriously thinking about getting a supercharger for my teggy.
i have the franky swap done. i was on the JR website and they got around 55hp on a GSR.

i just want everyone's opinion on it. i mean if i don't get the supercharger i'm just gonna go out and get a ITR tranny, RPS clutch and JUN flywheel.
but if i don't get the tranny now i'll just be getting it in October (minus the flywheel).

also i saw the dyno sheet and there rpm range was much higher than mine because i still have the LS computer w/ a redline of 6900 (which i always hit). so i'd have to get a new compt. to maximize the results.

just gimma your opinions so that i can think about it better.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Thanx : ) wow, you know a lot about Integras.. do you have one? What would you suggest on the best lowering springs and short shifters? I wish I know the tech side of these mods.. All i can do is fix problems and putting parts on... where do you find out what the best mods are? Is it just pure experience? I hear people use dyno to do progressive tunings. But then I don't even know any dyno shops in NJ. I wish I live in FL or CA.

·
Registered
66 Posts
....sigh....

Not necessarily great. I can't imagine how much quicker my LS/VTEC head gasket would have gone if it had a Supercharger OR turbo on it. I was running 13:1 compression on that sucker and the head gasket was done in 3 and a half months. I had to fix the oil T from leaking about 15 times in that span. How is the Oil T'ed off your block? This time, I'm going to do it myself becuase the shop that did mine INSISTED that running a line, then the T, zip-tieing it to the firewall was ugly and a waste of time. Well it doesn't leak like that, now does it.

IMHO (nobody jump on me) the JRSC is a hunk-a-junk. I say, if you want reliability, DON'T WORK ON YOUR CAR AT ALL. If you want it to go fast, boosted... Buy Turbo. IF you're going to spend $3000 some odd dollars (and I always get replieds to this post, well I got mine for $_______) Get turbo, rebuild the motor and go N/A. Or buy another car that has more torque. Sorry, I'll step down off my soapbox now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
very discouraged

well i'm not lying when i say i've very unhappy w/ all the replies.

i've had my ls/vtec for over a year know and i've never (thank god) had a problem w/ leakage from anywhere. the guy who did my swap learned from his mistakes and did mine the "right" way. well i'm thinking his way is the "right" way because the only problem i've had so far w/ it is....well none really major.

i really wanted a bigger power booster. i have no clue how much hp i'm pushing right now, but it's not enough to beat up on an RSX Type S or WRX.
i want something that will put me over them fools and was really hoping a supercharger would be the thing.

keep in mind i have my stock ecu still and i'm only reving up to 6900. that might be the only thing saving my engine right now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
....hahaha....

well Tuan after thinking it over i'm gonna listen to you and not supercharge my ls/vtec teggy.

instead i'm just gonna go out and get me some NOS for the mean time.

my car has a lot of miles on it right now. i'm close to the 100,000 mark. so i'm just gonna chill w/ the NOS over the summer.

in the fall i'm just gonna buy a newer GSR or B16 and turbocharge it when i go back to Cali.

what to do w/ the money for the supercharger?
maybe some cams (ITR intake cam maybe). i can always use those w/ the new engine when i get it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.