Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im thinking of keeping the lude an getting a supercharger for it, but what i wana know is if i get one, what do i all need, fuel?, i know prolly a clutch, but is their anything else an do u guys think this is the best why to go with my lude if i keep it

thanks

· Registered
501 Posts
The only thing you need is a different FPR than the one that the JRSC comes with. You might want to go with the AEM - many recommend it despite the name.

Their are many other things that you can use to increase performance but they are not needed, such as a Kamikaze header, or performance fuel pump, 1 degree colder spark plugs, etc.

· Registered
866 Posts
the suprecharger forum is full of this kind of info. you may wanna look there for answers. the kit pretty much comes with everything you need. you probably wanna look into getting a vafc or hondata, colder plugs, maybe even wires. if your car is your daily driver but you want some cajones under the hood when you need it, then i don't think the supercharger is a bad idea. not as tunable or potentially powerful as a turbo would be but i personally think it's quick enough for a daily driven street car. many people however run into problems with the jrsc, but you can say the same thing about turbos. myself, i haven't had any problems with mine so far (knock on wood).

· Registered
75 Posts
why would a short ram intake be better than a CAI with supercharging?

· Registered
2,059 Posts
1BadLude said:
ok im thinking of keeping the lude an getting a supercharger for it, but what i wana know is if i get one, what do i all need, fuel?, i know prolly a clutch, but is their anything else an do u guys think this is the best why to go with my lude if i keep it

thanks
so what changed ur mind ryan?

· Registered
2,092 Posts
i dont like the jrsc. if its not installed right it can blow your engine very quickly. i remember over on PO.com there were horror stories of people who built their engines up for the jrsc and still had them blown. sorry i cant be more specific but you might want to do some heavy research before you decide.

· Registered
70 Posts
Nobody on PO.com had a built engine and blew it with a supercharger. There were a couple of people that blew their engines but none of them were tuned and one was running the 9psi pulley. If you check out FAQ on PO.com you will see that there a countless supercharged Preludes that have been running for over 6 months and some for over a year and a half. The basic consensus is that our 290cc injectors can't flow enough to creat a good A/F ratio around 4k in the rpm band. So it is a good idea to upgrade injectors with the kit.

· Registered
898 Posts
Most people don't have problems with turbo, or supercharger if it's done right. you really don't "need" anythign else other than a clutch. You'll need a dyno tune after it's installed to be sure you have everythign right, and also one with a wideband 02 Sensor. It'll help things a ton. Good luck with your quest.

· Registered
866 Posts
actually, a new clutch isn't absolutely necessary right away. unless of course you're a pretty aggressive driver or race a lot, which i don't. i mean eventually you'll need to replace it. but i've been running on my stock clutch for 60,000, about 7,000 of those with the supercharger. it still grabs pretty good, but i can begin to feel it starting to slip slightly. but like i said, unless you're hard on the clutch already, then yeah you may want to get a new clutch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.