Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
EG switch will tell us......also its A EATON blower not a mini blower. its a M45 the CASE is for a mini the rotors are all the same in M45s no matter if it is for a mercedes mini or JR. Just like the internals on a M62 on a GM and a JR internals are the same the only difference is the rotor is turned around to spin the opposite drection.
It doesn't matter because Magnuson, as the primary distributor, can change things around per auto manufacturer requirements. Also, there are several different generations of M45s, and they are not all the same.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
The dark stuff is Teflon coating the same stuff they coat frying pans with! :lol2
It's friction reducing and heat reducing FTW :number1

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
hey guys yep dave is right te silver plays with your eyes and it look like that is the coating... but the darker layer is. after rubbing with thinners for about an hour it all came off.

now the grease that goes in the bearings. what grease is it. and could i use some thing else

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
im trying to find a place to do the coating now that i know it is teflon.but it all depends on cost.

will let you know how it goes

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
seeing as im in SA get things from the states is lots of $$$.

any way i have pressed the rotors off the gears ( after marking them to line them up to be put back together) an i found a place to do a teflon coating the will cost R500.... about $50 to recoat. but they about 600k from where i am... so i have been thinking about this Dry Film Lubricant Coating (TLML) form Products

what do you guys think? it will cost me $100 to get the rotors coated.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
I would speak with them on a phone to get an idea of them, how they treat customers, and if they truly sdtand behind their product. ask them if it(product) is designed to work with superchargers, or at least specifically your style of supercharger

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I have spoken to them, they are a big company here in SA, they say this should work for the appliction i want to use it for.

and before i forget. they max RPM of the rotors is about 14000. with the stock crank pulley and no stepers what the smallest supercharger i can go. engine redline 8200 rpm. a far as i can tell it would be 7.1cm (2.8"). this that right?

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
i have no clue

you need to find the equation that will tell you that X rpm = Y SC rpm

I would try to find out what your SC is spinning at when you redline your car

Im 90% sure your redline isnt 8200 rpm lol. maybe 7,000. are you getting this number from your current tachometer? if so, I would hook up an aftermarket one directly to teh distributor and confirm whether your honda lcuster one is accurate :tu

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
at the moment it 6900rpm. but im going to be doing a z6 sohc vtec head. that should do 8200 rpm.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
you are going to wanan do something to the bottom end as well then. a built cylinder head isnt the only solution to safe high revs

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
im not really looking for info on how to build my motor a i do know what im doing. im looking for info my the SC...

i got eagal rod's and wiseco pistons for the build, a well as ALC bears that have been drilled for better oil flow. as well as a ported and increased flow rate oil pump. im also designing an intercool/ inline chargecooler for the SC.

the list goes on but all im looking for is info on the SC. mainly whats the smallest pulley i can go on the SC with a stock crank pulley and a motor redline of 8200rpm and max rotor rpm of around 14000?

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
i have no clue

you need to find the equation that will tell you that X rpm = Y SC rpm

I would try to find out what your SC is spinning at when you redline your car

Im 90% sure your redline isnt 8200 rpm lol. maybe 7,000. are you getting this number from your current tachometer? if so, I would hook up an aftermarket one directly to teh distributor and confirm whether your honda lcuster one is accurate :tu
what did you find out

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
yeah found this

"Divide the crank pulley diameter by the supercharger pulley diameter and multiply by top engine rpm to give the max supercharger rpm"
Supercharger pulley calculator? - PerformanceForums

so a stock a6 pulley is 6" and the stock SC pulley is 3.6" at 6900rpm = 11500

so i need a 3.4" at 8200 rpm to = +-14000rpm on the SC

21 - 40 of 52 Posts