Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking to supercharge a b18c5 motor instead of turbo because its suppose to be more reliable...what components would i need to run stock boost?? do i need bigger fuel pump, injectors, fuel pressure regulator, boost retard??

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
no, it only comes with a regulator. You can retard the timing on the engine, or you can buy a map controller and run stock timing. No fuel pump is included.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Type R's do not see much gains with the Jackson Supercharger......
and the jackson runs 5.5 psi on a type R.....

my friend who had the kit that i now have on my car ran a 14.02........which is only a .7-.9 seconds faster than a stock type R

but yeah they are alot more simple than turbo's.....

·
Registered
35 Posts
GreekSpeed said:

my friend who had the kit that i now have on my car ran a 14.02........which is only a .7-.9 seconds faster than a stock type R

.7-.9s is a lot of improvement!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
well considering with the exact same set up i took 1.8 seconds off my quarter mile, and ran only .7 seconds slower than a type r with the same set up seems a little unimpressive....

and im sure the boost does help a lot better with road racing....
i was just refering to Time slips at the drag strip...

·
Registered
163 Posts
GreekSpeed said:

but yeah they are alot more simple than turbo's.....
sup acosta i dont think ive met you in person yet but im on akmotorsports...about brians arrrh member his traps??? i believe they where 100+ good enough for some 13second slips but he was getting mad wheelspin i heard...plus his ass cant drive(i didnt say it he did):p but anyways cant wait till next season i hope i can finally see the famed ls in person:cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
SO you're saying you have a type R with a SC but ran faster then your friend or what? You're confusing. AT first you said that 'Type R's do not see much gains with the Jackson Supercharger......
and the jackson runs 5.5 psi on a type R.....'

Now you're saying that you took 1.8s off your quarter mile in SC type R? All I'm saying is even though its .7 that is still a lot although it could have been better. Drag time depends alot on the driver and traction.

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
13.1 and 223 WHP is weak. A JRSC on a GSR with a standalone at 8 PSI can hit close to 223, but it's times will be better because it's all about the area under the curve, the torque curve that is. There is an SI at 5800 feet with the vortech hitting 15's and 16s consistent, partially because he can't drive worth shit, partially because the vortech kit sucks on small displacement motors. 10 PSI JRSC'd SIs were hitting 14.7 up here untuned!

·
Registered
316 Posts
#1) Unless you're running really high boost with the Vortech, it's a no-no on a small motor. Period.

#2) I wouldn't boost the ITR. The internal components are lightweight and don't do well under that kind of stress. If you've got an ITR, go all motor. You can boost it any way you like, but I advise against it.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
superchargers disengauge v-tec so what is the point of getting the ITR motor?......

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
CRXtc said:
superchargers disengauge v-tec so what is the point of getting the ITR motor?......
Where did you get this info from?

As far as I know, no forced induction stop the second set of valves opening.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
"The problem with the VTEC is that the intake event is too long, and the exhaust isn't really the problem. As for optimizing cam shafts for the VTEC engines, some day we will, but we're going in so many directions now, there's no time. The other thing that you must understand is that with the blower, you already have too much torque at low rpm, and it's almost impossible to stay off the rev limiter in the first three gears because the engine accelerates so quickly "under pressure". Once you ride in one or better yet drive one, I really don't think you'll be thinking about the VTEC for a while. Pressure is a wonderful thing."

energy dynamics.......maybe its just on their supercharger

·
Registered
134 Posts
CRXtc said:
Once you ride in one or better yet drive one, I really don't think you'll be thinking about the VTEC for a while. Pressure is a wonderful thing."

hmmm.... i dont know about all that...like i said my good friend has the vortech and the motor still doesnt seem to make much power till the vtec kicks in....and ive drivin it many of times

heres pics of his ride

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictu...pg.orig.jpg&caption=phils front&id=4249479463

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictu...g.orig.jpg&caption=phils engine&id=4249479478

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictu...jpg.orig.jpg&caption=phils back&id=4249479467

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.