Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm new to your forum and would like to ask you for help. I've got a 1st gen 97 Honda CRV B20b Engine Automatic. I've purchases a second hand slightly used JRSC for a b18 Non-Vtec Integra LS. I'm piecing together the necessary parts to go with it my main concern just popped up yesterday while talking to a service guy at Moss Motors (jackson racing). He thinks the blower that I have wont fit on my engine. Now I've heard quite a few people who know b18's are mostly the same as the b20. One person overseas with a CRV supercharged from a b18 application. I'd just like some support on this from a honda forum: I should be able to do this setup right?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The B20 head doesn't flow all that well for one, and I'm not sure that an M62 would fit into the CRV
Yup you are right Acid. A technician from Moss Motors confirmed it for me yesterday. Kind of broke my heart because this was my only option for boost. The M62 is only for Vtec apps. GSR. It won't bolt up for my engine.

Guess I'll have to LS/VTech instead.

A shameless plug, but if anyone wants to buy one I've got it up on ebay for sale. Gotta make my money back to start back at the drawing board of this canvas...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Now wait a minute, a B18B1 head is the exact same as the B20B head. They are both P75 castings. Did you get a LS JRSC Integra Kit or a GSR one? I would like to hear this guys story, as I am seriously thinking about putting a LS JRSC on my CRV.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You'll be able to slap an LS blower on your CRV (depending on what year yours is). My problem was that the blower that I had was for a GSR, Vtec. Its a bigger blower and will not bolt up correctly. I kid you not. I was very devistated when the tech from Moss Motors confirmed it for me. Then I saw some other M65's and they were all the same as what I had. The M45 is much smaller. From what I heard around this forum is that LS/Vtec will bring me more power than the charger so that's what I'm doing. You don't have to take my word for it - but you can call Moss yourself and see what they tell you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
PM me, you sound like you are doing, and done some similar things to your CRV as I am. I would like to hear your experiences.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unless you plan on running your car without Power Steering and A/C, then this "should" bolt up for you without issues. There seem to be quite a few turbo kits for sale on eBay for B18's and B20's, but the CRV is a little different. You have to look at the turbo manifold. Chances are you're not going to want to do this if your CRV is your daily drive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello
Im living in Europe
I have Honda CRV 1998 2l ,94KW.

Last time i was watching ebay.com i found someting interesting

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/B-Series-Turbo-Kit-B16-B18-B20-Honda-Acura-Civic-CRV_W0QQitemZ230215814022QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230215814022

Can you tell me is this kit work for my car. and what else i have to do that it works good. And dont kill my car.

thanks end sorry for my english.
Wowie, another UK CR-V guy. I have an American CRV and am over here with one. As to your V, is it an auto or manual. If manual you CAN do it. If auto, you still CAN do it, but you have to get a piggyback. Otherwise the manual is easy, pickup an P75 (?) ecu and get it chipped. I might be wrong on the ecu, it may be P72, but I am sure someone will correct me. Now, when I say CAN I refer to the fact you can physically put one on. You can get a electric power steering pump to replace the one that you have to remove to make room for the turbo, but research this setup, and research the pros and cons, dont just buy this cause it is a "good deal" this kit is cheap and it is "cheap". A missing link setup tricks your fuel delivery system to run richer, a chipped ecu and fatter injectors is much better. All in all, I would buy, if i were as junior as you sound (no offense), buy a name brand kit from greddy or whom ever makes b-series turbos and get a complete system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The B20 kits use the M45 too.
You seem to have a good base knowledge here. My gf bought a 3 inch lift kit for her crv and now with the big tires that are gonna be installed with it im looking to a supercharger for the low end torque and not as much as high hp. Do you have any knowledge on approximate power outputs?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts