Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trucharlie1217 said:
let me get some
I think it's awesome how it's not just like 2 magnets repelling eachother being the cause of it hovering... it's like it's caught in the magnetic field. It's sick how they lift the hovering piece and the superconductor lifts with it... insane

~Peace

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
wow thats insane, ive never seen anything like that. its like it has some sort of alternating polarity that can keep the magnet suspended together in the exact position neither attracting nor repeling. i think this application is perfect for space, specifically space walking where traction is an issue.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ragnarok043 said:
wow thats insane, ive never seen anything like that. its like it has some sort of alternating polarity that can keep the magnet suspended together in the exact position neither attracting nor repeling. i think this application is perfect for space, specifically space walking where traction is an issue.
Well, what I think of is science class where they showed the shape of a magnetic field. It looks like it's suspended at an angle, almost like it's held in differet portions of a curved field.

This would be sick for quite a few applications. Rail guns for one... lots of transportation too

~Peace

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.