Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well last night i was comming out of comp usa and there was a blue wrx with a superstreet sticker on the windshield well i didnt think to much of it till i pulled and this wrx pulled out behind me and rode my ass i was like wtf is he thinking then he swerves to the lane next to me and flew past me then i noticed his exhaust piller pod so since i had the bottle in the car and it was open i figured what the hell i cought up to him and noticed his girl sitting in the passanger seat i looked at him and smiled then he took off so i paced him threw second and in third floored it and just julled away i put at least 1 car on him in third then slowed down and i get a flyby so i hit it again and got on his ass hard i actually had to peddle it to keep from rear ending him then he brake checks me so i was like ok funs over changed lanes(with the blinker lol)and drove home with the o so good fealing of clowning on someone in front of his girl friend lol

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
your trap 103 and pulled on him? What is a "superstreet" wrx anyhow? I have no gauges other than boost and EGT(pillar pods are for bling to me) with a VF34 and STi injectors, ecu remap and a few other goodies(about $3k in go fast mods, yielding 275awhp) and I'm about 108-109sh trap(for now, I ordered a GT30-R, RC Eng 650CC injectors, Blitz FMIC, Tial Wastegate and HKS SSQV for my birthday :D Should have me at about 325-350whp on pump gas and 400+ on race which should kick my trap up to the high teen). So you beat a wrx with mild boltons with what $7k in mods in your car?

Reactions: boostaholic

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
illusion said:
your trap 103 and pulled on him? What is a "superstreet" wrx anyhow? I have no gauges other than boost and EGT(pillar pods are for bling to me) with a VF34 and STi injectors, ecu remap and a few other goodies(about $3k in go fast mods, yielding 275awhp) and I'm about 108-109sh trap(for now, I ordered a GT30-R, RC Eng 650CC injectors, Blitz FMIC, Tial Wastegate and HKS SSQV for my birthday :D Should have me at about 325-350whp on pump gas and 400+ on race which should kick my trap up to the high teen). So you beat a wrx with mild boltons with what $7k in mods in your car?

damn!! someone is going to have a lot of fun~

since you listed your stuff~~ haha i just ordered myself an APS 3" turboback, blitz SUS intake,and UTEC for my STi.. gonna get it tuned by harman motive.. im hoping for at least 300whp on 91 octane gas.... :clap

hopefully later on in the future i'll myself a APS DR625, FP Green, 850cc injectors, warlbro pump, and borla header? hahaha well its not cheap~

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Illusion: I think the 104 was before he got his cams in. So maybe you better change that to $7.8k. ;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well your both wrong i only spent about 4k on my motor and that 103 trap speed i wasnt using nitrious till 3rd gear at the track do to traction problems had i sprayed the entire 1/4 mile and had slicks i would trap at 106-110

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
boostaholic said:
btw you going with an external wastegate?????
Have to, GT30 and bigger don't have one, Gruppe-S has a custom piping for garrett turbos with a nice wastegate flange, so it won't be that hard of an install. I almost went with the GT35R but it's a little too big for my 2l unless I beef up the guts and get a higher speed valvetrain, just not enough air to get it moving well. I'm not looking forward to the sound of an external WG since I like the stealth approach, but they do sound interesting. I'm just looking to dip into 11s on pump gas and I'll be happy

UTEC should be pretty happy, I LOVE my ecutek tune. The accessport was ok when I just had the turboback and up, but even then I had a hiccup here and there. When I put the VF34 and STi injectors in, all hell broke loose, it was pulling timing if I even farted the wrong way, the only way I could get it to run well was by bumping the octane. Cal 91 SUCKS, but I found 2 local 76 stations that carry 100 octane, so I'd do 2 gallons of $4.85 a freaking gallon 100 octane and the rest 91 with every fillup, but it wouldn't knock or pull timing. I gained 30hp over the Cobb VF34 map with nothing more than the ecutek tune, and it's MUCH safer now, plus I run just 91, no need piss $10 every fillup just so my motor didn't self destruct. Watching my baseline dyno with the accessport almost made me pee myself, I was so lean it was scary, it looked like an N/A car on the dyno, running high 14 and touching 15 a few times, now I have a little lean to until 2800 to help get the turbo going then a rock solid 11 all the way through, and it pulls sooo nice, Can't wait to get the big dog in there, should be in next week. Then all that and an STi RA gearset are going in(had the gearset for a few months, but it was one of those if it ain't broke leave it the hell alone bits:p ) With that power I'll probably doing the diffs shortly after lol.

Green is a great choice for an STi, I've ridden in a green powered STi and WRX and there's just not enough air in the 2l to make a green get moving soon enough for my liking, the STi was great, felt like getting punched in the chest when it hit. I've been contimplating headers, but I'd hate to loose the boxer rumble, it gives me a woody every time I start it.

Oh and APS turbo back!?!?!?!? :love YOU SUCK!!!! :god With the turboback and tune you should be right at 300 with torque coming out of your ears. Good for a 4s 0-60 and VERY low 12s :D

Edit, found a pic of the gruppe gt30r setup I ordered.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
dood thats a sweet setup that you got going for your subby~ i would go ahead and get a turbo upgrade but my damn property tax is putting me on hold~ besides i don't wanna pull my money out from my savings just to get these things..

anyways going external seem the best choice for any upgrade... i see people with FP green making hella more power by going external than internal. since nothing is really set, i am wondering if i should go with the GT32 setup... or maybe even the t04r setup that is being tested by kingpin in nasioc. everything is up in the air.. but i see people ruining their pistons with an upgraded turbo... hmmm...

my goal is to hit 11s eventually and i really don't care how i get it as long as i get it... hahah ofcourse quick spool up is important for practical driveability.

i agree with you how our cars are so limited by the octane rating especially in cali with 91 pump gas.

hahaha we practically made this into a subby thread~ :clap

1 - 8 of 8 Posts