Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I need help from everyone out there me and my collieges have been getting into a fight on if you would be able to fit this engine into a 5th gen prelude with only the mods of a larger hood besdies that engine mods trans mods all that understandable but no wide body kits. what do you think is it possible???? if so know any1 who has done it?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is what im saying

for me im all about keeping the engine i have but at this point its not what you would consider a prelude engine with the amount of aftermarkets on it and the argument was most about the amount of money that i have thrown into the car that i should have just thrown the tt engine in the first place but i still feal if i was to throw that engine in the car the amount of mods that it would take the price would equal about the same of buying a gold plated monkey

· Registered
2,650 Posts
Re: this is what im saying

98CHICAGO said:

i still feal if i was to throw that engine in the car the amount of mods that it would take the price would equal about the same of buying a gold plated monkey
Nah, I've seen those gold plated monkeys going for pretty cheap on Ebay :D

· Registered
1,336 Posts
98CHICAGO said:
Now I need help from everyone out there me and my collieges have been getting into a fight on if you would be able to fit this engine into a 5th gen prelude with only the mods of a larger hood besdies that engine mods trans mods all that understandable but no wide body kits. what do you think is it possible???? if so know any1 who has done it?
what ever happen to common sense? :)

· Premium Member
13,997 Posts
Yeah this project is a waste of everything. Waste of a prelude motor , waste of supra motor , waste of a prelude chassis , waste of balance , and a waste of money.

Youll end up with a problematic car , and I pretty much doubt that will fit in the prelude engine bay. You will have to modify that firewall bigtime...and I dont think there is anyway to easily run a driveshaft without cutting the whole lower part of the car....And the trunk would get eaten up as well I figure when you get the rear-end in place...

The whole prelude chassis is like inches off the ground. Most driveshaft cars have a raised inside...and lower skirts. Measure the side of a supra....youll probably have an extra 3inches from the top to bottom....compared with the prelude.

Also setting up the shifter would probably be just as hard.....Im not sure how the supra shifts....by cable , shaft or otherwise....either way im sure its not identical to the preludes shifting...which is Im pretty hydraulic. So you would be ripping that out and replacing it with something exspensive and custom.

But like everyone said...money is the key to getting anything done. If you want your car to fly....I bet with money you get an f14 wing to pop out and rockets to boost you into the sky with the flip of a switch.

:eek: :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.