Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i run scan disc my computer is telling me there is a surface error on the hard drive, then it asks me if i want to move the info on the damaged area to a different part, but the keyboard doesnt do anything at this point.

I can not get windows to load, when i open bios the keyboard works. Any ideas? or is my hard drive toast.

· Registered
813 Posts
accord 4 me said:
how are you running scan disk..or posting on sho if windows doesn't load? :confused:
maybe from another computer.

just move the info from that hd to another and then do a format on it and reload

· Registered
1,274 Posts
I am sick of hearing bogus information from previous technicians and other people

I work for Gateway Technical Support and will tell you the real deal......
Run Scan disk before Defrag and run them both in SAFE MODE. If Windows doesn't load into safe mode something is wrong....now just because scandisk and defrag do not work does not necessarily mean you have a hard drive problem. Find out what kind of HDD you have and go the website of the manufacturer of the hard drive. The dowload the utilities for the manufacturer of your Hard Drive. Run an extended test and it will tell you what the real deal is with your hard drive. Now extended test utilities are not 100% accurate but they will help you alot by telling you exactly is up with your hard drive.
If your drive passes the extended test with no problems then you need to try doing a FFR (FDISK to delete the partition, FORMAT, and then reload the system)
By the way what version of Windows do you run and do you have goback (if youv'e never heard of it you don't have it) on your computer?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.