Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 GSR with Tokico 5ways, Versus Coil-overs, DC rear strut bar and stock front strut bar. I am waiting to get a set of Suspension Techniques sway bars and a roll bar. Want to know if anyone has experience with the roll bar? And I need a set of coil-over springs with a higher sping rate. like 550F 400R. The best i've gotten so far is with my set-up is 1.15G in the mountains with parada 205-40-17's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
i believe skunk2 springs are something like 600 for both front and rear, i had them before and they sucked though, it was too much, om using konis with coilovers with 300 front and 275 rear, and they stick to most surfaces like glue. is the area that you are testing fairly smooth, other wise you may have some problems with the car bouncing and loosing traction, good luck;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
139 Posts
bikeboy80 said:
i believe skunk2 springs are something like 600 for both front and rear, i had them before and they sucked though, it was too much, om using konis with coilovers with 300 front and 275 rear, and they stick to most surfaces like glue. is the area that you are testing fairly smooth, other wise you may have some problems with the car bouncing and loosing traction, good luck;)
I'm sure there's more than 1 set of Skunk springs. Usually, companies will make several different sets of springs, each one with a different spring rate depending on the application. Which coilover perches are you using?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,221 Posts
im sorry, you did NOT get 1.15g's with Paradas on your car. not possible...unless it was something inaccurate like a G-TECH measuring it....

and roll bar...do you mean a cage? a roll cage? or a bolt in one like an autopower one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
neouser said:


I'm sure there's more than 1 set of Skunk springs. Usually, companies will make several different sets of springs, each one with a different spring rate depending on the application. Which coilover perches are you using?
from what i have been told all skunk springs were 600lb springs, they are good for drag racing and thats about it, but again i might be wrong thats just what i remember seeing someplace.

the perches i am using i believe are the exact ones ground control are using , the setup i have was put together by truechoice motorsports using eibach ers springs, take a look at their site at www.truechoice.com i got the stage 2 setup for just under $1100
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Multiple G-techs.
Those Paradas were at the limit as they howled unbelievebly. 1.15 isn't that much. We've got ploenty of cars that are pulling that in the mountains near us. We're all autocrossers, so don't just think I hopped in my car with a G-tech and floored it around a turn. I'll get some pics up in a week or so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,017 Posts
Can't you get different spring rates with Ground Controls?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,221 Posts
InspiredRacer said:
Multiple G-techs.
Those Paradas were at the limit as they howled unbelievebly. 1.15 isn't that much. We've got ploenty of cars that are pulling that in the mountains near us. We're all autocrossers, so don't just think I hopped in my car with a G-tech and floored it around a turn. I'll get some pics up in a week or so.
1.15 isnt much? maybe in G-Tech terms.....but the best production car in the world doesnt even pull 1.15 G's.....that includes the McLaren F1 and Mercedes CLK GTR and others that would fuck your integra up every which way you can possibly imagine in a straight line, a turn or braking...anything and those cars dont pull 1.15g's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
gtec has proven itself time over

but end users havent. there have been many articles about this in most of the mags and dyno numbers were usually close with the proper concistincey. My car dynoed at 161 hp and 128 tq and thes numbers were within 7 percent of my low and 3 percent of my high. but i can pull other numbers if i choose to. and this i think is what people do. improper setup and improper use can also screw up your dyno plot. try a second or fifth gear pull and see what happens. by the way 1.15 should be more like .85 to .90g
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,144 Posts
If you're all autocrossers, why are you pulling 1.15g on public roads?:bash:mad

For those saying 1.15g is impossible, is it possible to pull much higher g's for a split-second than you can pull on a skidpad. Many street cars can pull 1.2-1.3g's or even more at an instant on a racetrack. You are also not considering that the corner may be cambered/banked.

I've had S/T bars F/R for 7+ years and they've been great. The install is a PITA though... get a shop to do it and make sure to get a price quote first. You will be understeering pretty bad with a 25.4mm solid bar and 550/400 springs. I'd leave the front bar stock and/or make the spring rates less front-biased.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top