Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have questions I wanted to ask.
1)Called this shop for pricing to install front camber kit, coil overs & lca. They said labor $600. Have to take it for allignment afterwards. Good price or too high.
2)I'm debating do/should I replace my rear lca w skunk 2's. I just don't want to have have my parts installed & they call me & say you need some lca. Rather be same then sorry.
3) How many people still using their oem lca & had no issues having your parts installed.
Thank you
S/H family

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
$600 seems a little steep but not out of the ballpark. Remember they're having to set spring preloads and ride height at all four corners. It is a pain to get all four corners to sit exactly level, I did it myself. Lcas can be a pain as well if the balljoints are toast. Camber kit? Your coilovers don't allow for camber adjustment?

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Never had a issue with oem LCA as long as everything was good with them...how low are you going? If not too much I wouldn't even look into a camber kit..unless you are using it for something else.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah accordsleeper. I just wanted to ask about the price whether reasonable or call other shops. I'm going with the raceland coilovers because I have 2 year old twin sons & we know kids expensive. lol As far as lowering I want a 1.5 drop or 3 finger gap. Maybe 2. I have 216K on my stock 98 gsr shocks. That's why I was considering replacing the lca w sk2 to be safe. Do you have any pics of what a 2 finger gap drop look like? Also I plan on keeping my mud guards if that will help also.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, accordsleeper. You said the coilovers don't have camber adjustment I'm getting or no coil overs have camber adjustment.
Thanks

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Oh, accordsleeper. You said the coilovers don't have camber adjustment I'm getting or no coil overs have camber adjustment.
Thanks
I was surprised that you'd need a camber kit with your coilovers, hence the question mark. Mine allow for camber adjustment (very obvious camber plates), I actually removed my factory eccentric bolts and used regular bolts and my alignment is perfect.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
accordsleeper89. What model accord? I use to have a 89 accord coupe lxi 5 spd light burgundy someone stole from my job thieves back in the day. Was a nice car.
I called up few places for pricing on labor:Mr tire want $1206 to install coil overs,front camber kit & lca.They crazy. I then called tires plus. They won't install if I bring my own parts nor will they allign my car unless I'm stock height.Might hit shop up for $600 if can't find a cheaper place. When they lower a car aren't they setting suspension close to stock specs anyway.? If you have a suggestion on a shop that can install parts to lower I'd appreciate that.

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
accordsleeper89. What model accord? I use to have a 89 accord coupe lxi 5 spd light burgundy someone stole from my job thieves back in the day. Was a nice car.
I called up few places for pricing on labor:Mr tire want $1206 to install coil overs,front camber kit & lca.They crazy. I then called tires plus. They won't install if I bring my own parts nor will they allign my car unless I'm stock height.Might hit shop up for $600 if can't find a cheaper place. When they lower a car aren't they setting suspension close to stock specs anyway.? If you have a suggestion on a shop that can install parts to lower I'd appreciate that.
I haven't had an Accord since 2008. I went to DSMs a while ago. "Mr. Tire" should be considered a rapist, that price is ridiculous. Your best bet for setting the desired height, alignment, etc. would be to find a performance shop with an alignment lift or a tire shop that does alignments for shop cars. This is assuming you don't plan on doing this yourself.

Here's what my drop looks like, it's a little over 2" all around and I have a two finger gap at the front (slightly more at the back to allow for squat during launching):

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah accordsleeper. I said that myself they were crazy about $1206. I had a 90 eclipse gsx back in 98. I loved that car. It was stock& super clean, looked like it just rolled off show room floor.I had a k/n filter only.Loved how the awd launched.Like your stance
Yes, I'm going with skunk 2 camber kit when I get my parts. Think I found a shop.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
lower control arms are better left stock unless you're throwing out money for function 7.

JUnk 2 Lca's are waste of money

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Darkness, I was going skunk2 only because I was reading pretty good reviews on them by civic/integra owners compared to blox for dd . Also, I don't wanna drop off my car with the coil overs & camber & shop call me up & say hey sir you need some lca. Then I would have to order some lca. Just trying to save time when getting car lowered.
You feel me

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Blox is shit.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
accordsleeper, yeah that's what I always hear about blox. Maybe I'll look into the form 7s that everyone talk about. I forgot which lca I read that their design make your swaybar or something of that nature crooked/offset. I have seen the form 7's go for around $250.
If I get them going with the silver. Will look good with my sk2 lower tie bar. Still have my oem sway bar.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts