Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 95 civic dx, and i noticed that the steering wheel is really stiff on turns almost like i have no power steering but on some turns the power steering works....also while im driving at a normal speed the steering wheel moves , it doesnt vibrate it just moves a little like im losing control of the car....anybody have any idea wassup....i wont be able to go to a mechanic until next week :fear

·
Registered
519 Posts
Sounds like you don't have P/S. I am unsure if the 95 dx came with it. Although, have you checked under the hood? If you do (have p/s) have you checked the belt or fluid? Those are good places to start. Maby someone here has some picts of the engine compartment, to show you the locations, of these.... Anyone???....

·
Registered
519 Posts
If this works**** Here is a breakdown of what your P/S pump should look like. It would be located (please don't sleigh me if I'm wrong, I'm working from memory... ) on the drivers side, twards the front of the vehicle.

**** ok so the pict won't work.... sorry. It's a small pump with a larger pully on it. I wish I could get that pict. up for you... :( (I swear I'll get it one of these days) :noo

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
- pop the hood
- look at the block.
- look over on the right front side
- you should see the power steering pump mounted to the right of the header. It is bolted directly to the block and head. It is connected to a fluid reservoir which should be located just behind the driver's side headlight

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.