Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend's 92 needs some suspension work. I've got a H&R's and KYB's sitting in my room ready to go in. Problem is, I had the car checked at my mechanics cuz I knew that there was more work needed than just springs and shocks. He needs ALL new Bushings, balljoints, control arms blah blah blah. I priced out almost everythingg in parts and what I could find on Hondaautomotiveparts.com came out to be like $1100............*Big Sigh*

Can we install the new suspension even though everything else is shot without the risk of blowing the new suspension or is it better to wait? Man..........so much money..........not enough to pay. I doubt we can and even if we could I wouldn't really wannna risk it but I thought I'd ask the veterens here first before I made a final decision. TIA.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
what does he say is wrong with your control arms? are they bent?

if you lower the car youll need adjustable ball joint camber kits anyway...so that will take care of the ball joints (at least the upper one). throw in a set of bushings and forget about the control arms, i seriously doubt they need replacement unless your alignment is permanently off

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
There is almost no way that he would need new control arms. And you could solve the ball joint problem with a camber kit, but if you search around a lota people dont like them in the long run. I would recommend just going with stock replacements, but thats up to your friend.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe I should've mentioned that the chassis has 195,000 miles on it and from what I've seen from the day my friend brought the car home, I don't think the previous owner took too much care of it. The bushings and balljoints are all torn and worn and no worries bout my shop ripping me off, they are the complete opposite of that as I've been with them for over 6years.

Big shout to Weenie who hooked me up with the H&R springs lol, I'm now one step closer to reviving the car.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Knightmare69 said:
Maybe I should've mentioned that the chassis has 195,000 miles on it and from what I've seen from the day my friend brought the car home, I don't think the previous owner took too much care of it. The bushings and balljoints are all torn and worn and no worries bout my shop ripping me off, they are the complete opposite of that as I've been with them for over 6years.

Big shout to Weenie who hooked me up with the H&R springs lol, I'm not one step closer to reviving the car.
maybe try a junkyard, ebay or something like that? if you order them through honda youll be hurtin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.