Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have a 97 civic ex and i have kyb agx shocks and eibach sportline springs. i have a guy thats going to compress them for me. i wanted to save a couple bucks by installing them myself with one of my other friends. i was wondering about the torque measurments or specs that i need to put back the bolts. i went to honda and they dont carry a manual. pep boys and kragen had a book about how to take everything off but not how to put it back on. all they said was "make sure when putting the shocks and springs back on to use the correct torque". any help would be greatful! thanx alot.
Jeff

· Registered
1,104 Posts
that is an option/upgrade that I would not recomend doing yourself. Because usually best thing to do when putting it back on is using an air wrench with the callibrated torque on it..... trust me, its better that they do it.

· Registered
276 Posts
To take the stock ones off...loosen the locking a little bit before you take them off the car, take the damper off the car. When you get them off, loosen the locking nut until it's about 5 turns from coming off. Put the damper flat on the ground, put your foot on the cap and loosen the nut all the way until the strut shoots off. It will only shoot like 2 feet, get the washers, bumpstop and dust shield. Cut the dustshield a little bit, cut about 65% off the small part of the bumpstop and put the thicker portion back on with the new struts and springs

the sport springs are shorter and you can just push them down on the seat of the strut, put the cap on, and put the lock nut on....put them on the car and then tighten the locking nut.

Don't even need a spring compressor:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.