Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on lowering my car when I get everything I need. I am probably going to be getting Neuspeed Race springs. I was wondering if I am going to need a camber kit? The car is going to be lowered 2.25 inches in the front and 2 inches in the rear. Do I need it for the front and rear? Which camber kit do you suggest I get if I need it?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4_door-Johny said:
Excuse the children :idiots But yeah that low you will deff need a camber kit how much you looking to spend and you guna put it in yourself? Also what size rims do you have?
I have heard from a couple of people that I dont need a camber kit. The wheels are 15 inch Si wheels.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mulletov said:
Well, if u care about your tires and wear, then get a camber kit. I'm dropped like 2+ inches with no camber kit at all but my tires are wearing unevenly. I don't really care about mine cuz they came with the wheels and I plan on getting better tires anyway. But yeah camber kit is good idea for any drop more than 2 inches.
If an alignment is done then there should be no uneven wearing.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
you might have to or you might not. it all depends, every car is different.
go ahead and install your new springs and i suggest you get aftermaket shocks/struts with those springs. then take your car for an alignment and make sure they set the TOE at 0.
then keep an eye out on the tires. everytime you go to get gas check the thread. if you see any abnormal wear starting to form then order a camber kit for the front and do the cheap washer trick in the back.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
94Civic_R said:
i would definitely get a camber kit if ur gunna lower that much!
this should be in the suspension & brakes forum shouldnt it?
My friends car is lowered the same height and he did not have to get a camber kit. He got his alignment done and an Acura dealer.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
go ahead and install your new springs and i suggest you get aftermaket shocks/struts with those springs. then take your car for an alignment and make sure they set the TOE at 0.
then keep an eye out on the tires. everytime you go to get gas check the thread. if you see any abnormal wear starting to form then order a camber kit for the front and do the cheap washer trick in the back.
I guess I will do that. What is the cheap washer trick?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
I want to lower my car 2.25 inches in the front and 2 in the rear. Am I going to need a camber kit? This is what someone said about getting an alignment: If i were you i would definately recommend a camber kit. That is a pretty substantial drop and it will affect your camber. I got a front and rear camber kit for mine and i only dropped it about 1.8 inches or so. You could go without it but it will go thru tires fairly quickly and i think it is better to just get the camber kit and do it right the first time rather then replacing tires often due to bad camber. Then I said this: I heard if I get an alignment I will be fine.
Then he said this:

2+ inchs will cause havoc on your camber. I know it did on mine with less drop then that. The alignment wont fix your camber. It will fix Caster and Toe but the camber will still be negative and you wheels will be tilted in noticeably proceeding to wear out the insides of the tires prematurely.

Am I going to need a camber kit or not?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Dawrenn said:
My friends car is lowered the same height and he did not have to get a camber kit. He got his alignment done and an Acura dealer.
Different cars have different effects, some civics are different from each other even if they do have the same parts, i just think its better to be safe then sorry! thats all im saying! :p thanks for pointing that out tho :tu

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
94Civic_R said:
Different cars have different effects, some civics are different from each other even if they do have the same parts, i just think its better to be safe then sorry! thats all im saying! :p thanks for pointing that out tho :tu
How do I measure the height pf the car? This is what someone said to do: Measure your car now from the ground to the wheel lip or the center of the wheel to the wheel lip

When I measure what kind of measurements am I looking for? Will I get the measurent of how low the car is?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do the coilovers come with dircetions? I want to make sure I install them right. Some people say they have problems with Threaded body scraping against the strut and wearing it down. How would I prevent that from happening? How long does it take for the coilovers/struts to settle in? I heard you have to get an alignment done after they're settled in. Is that true?

This is from a review page: have these paired with Koni Sports, and after having had these on my car for about 2 weeks, I've come to realize that although the ride is good (slightly stiffer than stock), no one is ever going to want to buy a car that makes the noise these coil-overs are making on my car! It is completely unacceptable. Because the top of the Eibach spring rides on a bearing and the bottom is not physically affixed to the adjustable perch, the spring is free to rotate about the front strut assembly. As it does this, the lip of the spring catches and loads pressure into the spring until it breaks loose to spin causing an excessive and embarassing "plong" noise that is audible outside the car. Not only is there a noise, but also the pressure in the spring on one side or another will force the car to pull strongly to the opposite side, making cornerning a difficult, if not scary proposition. If the pressure is released in the middle of the corner with the "plong" sound, I'll find I'm overcorrecting so much that it can be very dangerous, and I'll have to correct evasively. Unless it's absolutely necessary to be able to adjust your ride height frequently,

Is he having that problem because he installed them wrong?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.