Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on lowering my car when I get everything I need. I am probably going to be getting Neuspeed Race springs. I was wondering if I am going to need a camber kit? The car is going to be lowered 2.25 inches in the front and 2 inches in the rear. Do I need it for the front and rear? Which camber kit do you suggest I get if I need it?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I would recomend getting it. I have race springs and am going to be needing camber adjustment shortly.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GSRGreenSleeper said:
I would recomend getting it. I have race springs and am going to be needing camber adjustment shortly.
Are tokico Illuminas better than KYB AGX's? Do they work good with that low of a drop? I am having trouble deciding between Neuspeed Race springs and H&R Race springs? Do you have a pic of your drop?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do these drops look the same? They are all suppose to be dropped with H&R Race springs. I am having a hard time deciding which springs to get. It's either going to Neuspeed Race whichs lowers 2.25"F 2"R or H&R Race which lowers the car 2.5"F and 2.25'R

The Si with the 5 lug is suppose to be the same drop.

and now is the Si with the 5 lug that is suppose to have the same drop. Does the front look lower than the other pictures?

Somone said it could be the angle of the picture and/or that the engine is heavier since it is a B series, is that true. I really like the look of the drop I just dont want to have problems with the front scraping. I heard that I should not really have problems with rubbing.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Dawrenn said:
Are tokico Illuminas better than KYB AGX's? Do they work good with that low of a drop? I am having trouble deciding between Neuspeed Race springs and H&R Race springs? Do you have a pic of your drop?
i have illuminas, tokico says they are only good down to 2".

The si and yours should have about the same drop, the si, at least my friend did when he orderd the h&rs, uses the same springs as the integra, which compensates for the extra weight. not 100% sure on this it was like 2 years ago, hes at work so i cant call up and find out.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
crucifudge said:
i have illuminas, tokico says they are only good down to 2".

The si and yours should have about the same drop, the si, at least my friend did when he orderd the h&rs, uses the same springs as the integra, which compensates for the extra weight. not 100% sure on this it was like 2 years ago, hes at work so i cant call up and find out.
Which Si? There are 3 of them.

·
Registered
941 Posts
H&r race springs will drop it that low, I had a bud with h&r race on his si...it had a similar drop to the pic with "left coast" on it.

I had Neuspeed Race springs and it wasn't nearly as low as those pics

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
martinez32 said:
H&r race springs will drop it that low, I had a bud with h&r race on his si...it had a similar drop to the pic with "left coast" on it.

I had Neuspeed Race springs and it wasn't nearly as low as those pics
I know but doesnt the last 3 pics of the Si with sidemarkers look lower than all of the other ones?

Here are more pics of the drop with H&R Race

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
The last set of pic is how low my Teg is. There is maybe a 1 finger gap, a little less actually. It's low.....
Wish it was a bit higher. I scrape on every speed bump in my neighborhood, can't get close to curbs that are higher than normal, have to watch out in parking lots about the front catching on the concrete stoppers. When i hit a pothole or bump at anything over 35, it'll knock fillings out.
On the plus, it handles exceptionally well. It stays very flat around turns. Plus i think it looks great. I will try to get some pic up for you. I don't have any just yet.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GSRGreenSleeper said:
The last set of pic is how low my Teg is. There is maybe a 1 finger gap, a little less actually. It's low.....
Wish it was a bit higher. I scrape on every speed bump in my neighborhood, can't get close to curbs that are higher than normal, have to watch out in parking lots about the front catching on the concrete stoppers. When i hit a pothole or bump at anything over 35, it'll knock fillings out.
On the plus, it handles exceptionally well. It stays very flat around turns. Plus i think it looks great. I will try to get some pic up for you. I don't have any just yet.
Which last set of pics? The green Civic or the Si with sidemarkers? All the pics of the drop are with H&R Race springs which lowers the car 2.5 in the front and 2.25 in the rear. I dont have speed bumps in my neighborhood but I do have speed humps which are longer at flatter. I dont really go anyplace with speedbumps so I dont have to worry about that. Is it hard to go up driveways?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GSRGreenSleeper said:
Here are some pics that I just made, just for you. So send me a cookie or a dollar, ect....

Before
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/F6/A2/JRobinson/1/4.jpg

After
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/F6/A2/JRobinson/1/1.jpg
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/F6/A2/JRobinson/1/2.jpg
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/F6/A2/JRobinson/1/3.jpg

Notice in the last picture that I had to angle my finger a little bit to get it to go in. It is just slightly, but still a little less than a one finger gap.
The pics are way too small. I cant see anything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.