Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm currently upgrading my suspension and was looking for a little input on what coilovers I should invest in. I don't autocross at all and if I do race it'll be drag racing. I still want a sick handling car though. Money isn't really a big deal right now since I have 3 grand saved for this.

I was thinking about Tein Type Flex or SS. I figured that I might as well buy the best out there, though I think Type Flex will be overkill for a more drag car. Of course I'm the type of person to overkill everything I do. Though I do like the whole pillowball mounts and teflon rust coating. Also I heard that 5th gens are not compatible with the EDFC due to lack of room to mount the motor on top of the struts. Is this true?

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Not sure about the EDFC on the 5th gen but if you want nice coilovers go with the Tein Type Flex... good prices at tuner market . com, minus the spaces. That's where I'm getting my Tein Basic setup from.

~Peace

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I personally went with the Tein SS coilovers. I upgraded the rear springs to 336 lbs-ft. With this set up....its firm with the dampening/compression setting turned up...and smooth with the dampening/compression settings turned down.

The tein type flex are a lot stiffer....and too stiff for me. I upgraded my rear springs on the tein ss to get a little more oversteer....and it has worked great. I advise against getting the pillowball mounts as they make a lot more noise and transfer a lot more shock to the car chassis...its not a comfterable ride AT ALL...and never will be with those stiff springs the type Flex has.

My vote goes to the Tein SS without pillow ball mounts. I also vote for the 336 lbs-ft upgrade in the rear...and corner weighted the system;)

Thats what I went with and it turned out well.

·
Registered
605 Posts
if u dunt plan on auto x.. and lil drag.. i dunt think u would need tein flex.. i have herd nothing but good bout tein ss.. and i don't think the edfc fits on 5gen ludes.. not enough hood clearance..

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot guys! Tein SS it is. I'll look into the upgraded springs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts