Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i installed my tokico illumina shocks and nuespeed sport springs the other day.. they ride pretty nice.. but the problem is.. in my opinion it dropped way to low for my sport springs in the front, comparing to pics of other ppl w/nuespeed sports... its not even one finger gap.. my front wheels tuck inside of the fender... i dunno y it dropped so low.. but i still have my gc in my garage.. and was wondering.. would it be bad to run gc in the front, n my sport springs n the back? or.. if ne one noes the problem y it dropped so low n front.. could tell me how to fix it would be great..

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
jokerz said:
so i installed my tokico illumina shocks and nuespeed sport springs the other day.. they ride pretty nice.. but the problem is.. in my opinion it dropped way to low for my sport springs in the front, comparing to pics of other ppl w/nuespeed sports... its not even one finger gap.. my front wheels tuck inside of the fender... i dunno y it dropped so low.. but i still have my gc in my garage.. and was wondering.. would it be bad to run gc in the front, n my sport springs n the back? or.. if ne one noes the problem y it dropped so low n front.. could tell me how to fix it would be great..
wow, i dunno about that....from personal observation i would never run two different suspension setups on a DD car.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
98Vtec said:
wow, i dunno about that....from personal observation i would never run two different suspension setups on a DD car.
do u noe y it dropped so low in the front? the back isn't bad.. 1finger gap n back.. this is the only reason y i dunt wanna get wwrs kit.. b/c i would scrape the shit out of it.. the bump stops were allready cut from my ground control.. do u think they need to be cut different for springs?

·
Registered
870 Posts
jokerz said:
do u noe y it dropped so low in the front? the back isn't bad.. 1finger gap n back.. this is the only reason y i dunt wanna get wwrs kit.. b/c i would scrape the shit out of it.. the bump stops were allready cut from my ground control.. do u think they need to be cut different for springs?
No the bumpstops won't effect how it sit on the ground just the ride. as for the gaps you want less in the front than the rear. less than 1 finger is not really to bad. as for running the GC in the front i don't see why it would be a problem at all there is just gonna be a little off with handeling because of the spring rates.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
98Vtec said:

that is my front with neuspeed sports and KYB AGX
yah.. w/my car... the top of the wheel sits inside the fender... i dunt scrape shit now, b/c im careful.. but i plan to get my lip pretty soon... so yah... i'll try to get pics of the drop soon..

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
01preluder said:
No the bumpstops won't effect how it sit on the ground just the ride. as for the gaps you want less in the front than the rear. less than 1 finger is not really to bad. as for running the GC in the front i don't see why it would be a problem at all there is just gonna be a little off with handeling because of the spring rates.
o i noe u want less of a gap n the front than the rear.... i just don't understand y my car dropped so low...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

front right

these were from my stock setup.. but took them out when put in my gc.. was i suppose to put these back in w/my tokico and nuespeed sport spring set up? would this make the difference.. n raise it a lil bit?

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
jokerz said:

front right

these were from my stock setup.. but took them out when put in my gc.. was i suppose to put these back in w/my tokico and nuespeed sport spring set up? would this make the difference.. n raise it a lil bit?

ummmm yeah....those rubber pieces should be on there still

ur car must make some crazy noises

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
98Vtec said:
ummmm yeah....those rubber pieces should be on there still

ur car must make some crazy noises
haha, naw not realli actually.. but do u think that would raise it a lil bit.. to the height it suppose to be?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
okai... i also noticed that i didn't put on the dust cover.. does that matter? shit, i forgot to put on all this stuff b/c i didn't need it w/my gc..

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
jokerz said:
okai... i also noticed that i didn't put on the dust cover.. does that matter? shit, i forgot to put on all this stuff b/c i didn't need it w/my gc..
nah you dont need the dust cover, well. atleast i dont have mine on

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
98Vtec said:
nah you dont need the dust cover, well. atleast i dont have mine on
okai, thanks... how come my drop is lower than urs when u had ur nuespeed sports on? the shorter spring goes in the back.. rite? im goin to put on my spring mounting rubber on tomorow, but i don't think its gonna make that much of a difference..

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
jokerz said:
okai, thanks... how come my drop is lower than urs when u had ur nuespeed sports on? the shorter spring goes in the back.. rite? im goin to put on my spring mounting rubber on tomorow, but i don't think its gonna make that much of a difference..

just put those rubbers on then take pics again and post em

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmmm... i jst went outside to look at it... i think i mite have put the springs on wrong.. were the shorter springs suppose to go in the back or front? b/c i put them on the front...

·
Registered
906 Posts
shorter goes in the front

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haha, jst wanted to make sure... but iono..... i think imma jst put the spring mounting rubbers on sometime this week.. n get my lip later.. n go for my pullies n jdm fogs... :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts