Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering. I recently rode in my friends hatch civic and he has cut his springs to lower his. The car handles just fine. I was wondering what you guys thought about this because I was thinking about letting him do this to mine. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i am new but, that is kinda a thumbs down way to lower from what i have read here. i am going h&r sport with kyb shocks. good luck

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
definitely a no-no... that's a white trash way to lower your ride... your shocks could blow, the springs could come through the fender well.... there's a high possibility of something very bad happening and causing an accident. other people's lives aren't worth it.

spend the money to do it right, or don't do it at all.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Cutting the springs will only cause trouble. One, you won't have enough travel like Kommon said. Two, the spring rate will be affected and could throw off the balance of the car, just cause it worked for him doesn't mean it will for you. Three, cutting them will cause a abnormality in the part that rests in the perch, meaning it won't sit correctly and could make the perch or something else break in the process. Four there is no way to garantee that the drop will be even, so thats means you cut little by little having to take the assembly off and on alot. and if you were too cut too much off.....well you'd have to buy new springs anyway.

Save a little money. and buy H&R springs. They offer two kinds that will more than suit your needs, the Sport OE and the Sports.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.