Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright...n00b question believe me I know but I need some opinions.

I'm caught between two differant brands right now. I'm either going to be getting Koni or Tein for my strut/spring set up. I can't decide at this point which to get. Both have been recommended to me but I'm not sure which to get.

Some opinions/and experience on the matter would really help me out. Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
my first set up was tokico illuminas with neuspeed springs but now i have the tein flex coilovers with the edfc and the suspension is amazing. if i had to get another set up i would go with tein again no questions asked.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright thanks man...and would you say the Tein damping controller is worth getting as well?? I know you said you have that too, but is it really worth the extra $?? Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
what is your budget? what will the car be used for? how are the roads in your area?

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
what is your budget? what will the car be used for? how are the roads in your area?
Dont worry about the budget...lets just say I'm going to do this right the first time. The car will be used for daily driving and autocross. The roads in my area are well taken care of...except for construction they are always in good condition.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
if the budget is not an issue why even consider the teins?
there are much better setups out there.
have you considered the Toda Racing Fightex Fine Sport (~$2200)?

how about the JIC FLTA2, ~$1700

·
Registered
491 Posts
if your budget is unlimited then go for Moton triple adjustable but only if you want to have a huge bill geting them dialed in CORRECT

If you want something mid priced then i can't help you choose between Koni or Tein because the are equally good i have had experence with both and it really a matter of which one will soot your needs better research them both to figure out which one will.

In my opinion i would get tein for a street car they make it easy to tune with there lower models that EDFC so it takes the guess work out of fine tunning a supsension. but if you will maybe track your car i would get a higher level Tein or Koni both are equal...

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well when I was referring to my budget...I was just saying I could handle the price tags for the Teins or Konis...but I'm proabably not going to spend much beyond that. It's good to know they are pretty equal. I'll research more and hopefully I can come to a descision here.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
There have been a lot of Tein vs. Koni/GC questions lately in the Suspension forum. Do a search and you'll find what people are saying as well as my personal preference *cough*GC*cough*

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm debating over a new suspension as well. Let me know what you decide on and where you got the parts from. Don't intend to copy anyone but IDK shit about cars. This Del Sol is going to be a bit of an experiment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.