Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I beleive i posted this in the past, but i wanted to find out. I already have ground control coilovers riding on stock shocks, and they ride like shit, like a wagon. I was wondering, what shocks i shoud get, AGX's or the white Tokico. I am looking for a stock ride and a good drop, not slammed. and I plan on getting a b16 swap soon if that help. I was told that i can call ground control and they'll send me springs for the weight for my soon to be new engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,101 Posts
RacerZero said:
I beleive i posted this in the past, but i wanted to find out. I already have ground control coilovers riding on stock shocks, and they ride like shit, like a wagon. I was wondering, what shocks i shoud get, AGX's or the white Tokico. I am looking for a stock ride and a good drop, not slammed. and I plan on getting a b16 swap soon if that help. I was told that i can call ground control and they'll send me springs for the weight for my soon to be new engine.

get some tokico's, and you will need 400 front springs and 300 rear springs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh, i might get the blues, and ordering the springs are free right? i don't have a recipt for buying my coilovers because the owner before me put them on, and he's long gone now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,101 Posts
RacerZero said:
ahh, i might get the blues, and ordering the springs are free right? i don't have a recipt for buying my coilovers because the owner before me put them on, and he's long gone now.

no, the springs will cost you, i had that setup on my car and it worked pretty good, i changed out to a non-adjustable spring because i was tired of constantly toying w/ the height, i am now going to buy a set of TEIN HR's made for the SiR CRX and get some 88 LCA's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is pretty tight setup your going to get. do you know how much the springs will cost when i order them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
the ERS Race springs that ground control uses will run you 115 a pair. you will need to specify the spring rate and free length.

I had a set of GC's with a custome rate of 500/400 rear. that was on a 2600 lb 89 accord.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,101 Posts
RacerZero said:
that is pretty tight setup your going to get. do you know how much the springs will cost when i order them?

covered in the post above this one, what i recommend is what they sent me which is 400f/300r
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
temp03 said:
covered in the post above this one, what i recommend is what they sent me which is 400f/300r
also, in addition... if you want to create more oversteer, up the rear rates. or compensate with using a stiffer rear bar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was plannig on getting some tiens, and which ones should i get? or if i get the GC customs springs and the tokicos, i should keep them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was plannig on getting some tiens, and which ones should i get? or if i get the GC customs springs and the tokicos, i should keep them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,101 Posts
RacerZero said:
I was plannig on getting some tiens, and which ones should i get? or if i get the GC customs springs and the tokicos, i should keep them?
if you get some TEIN's i would recommend doing what i am doing and that is getting some made for the SiR and using the 88 CRX rear lower control arms, the SiR's (all years) used the same style rear suspension as the 88 the 88 arms are basically the same as the ITR rear lower control arms, they are supposed to make the car steer a little different
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
temp03 said:
i changed out to a non-adjustable spring because i was tired of constantly toying w/ the height, i am now going to buy a set of TEIN HR's made for the SiR CRX and get some 88 LCA's
Me too. I'm tired of having to mess with adjusting the springs here and there. I got the gc's too. I want to throw on some reg. springs back on there. I feel springs (non adj) will make the crx ride good again. I still want to be pretty low to the ground. Any suggestions. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,101 Posts
twofacedsir said:
Me too. I'm tired of having to mess with adjusting the springs here and there. I got the gc's too. I want to throw on some reg. springs back on there. I feel springs (non adj) will make the crx ride good again. I still want to be pretty low to the ground. Any suggestions. Thanks.

progress auto springs are nice, since you are rollin w/ a d you could use any springs made for the Si crx, so H&R's and neuspeeds are also nice, the thing is to make the rex ride smoother you can't slam it, which usually happens w/ you have GC's, because thats what i did and then when i measured it my rear was slammed like 4 inches and the front was dropped like 3, i changed it to a 1.75" drop all the way around and that smoothed it out a lot but i just tired of fucking w/ it so i changed it, now i want better suspension so i will get those TEIN's and get that bitch corner weighted at about 1.75" or so drop
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top