Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GSR swap in my civic and the added weight in the front is hurting my tires, my wheel alignment is off a little and my tread is wearing so once I get my wheels aligned I am looking for new struts and springs I want to drop maybe 1.25'' or 1.5'' What type of strut/spring combination would suit me the best, I want stiffer springs so that my inner fender doesnt rub against my tire when i go over a bump

·
Registered
974 Posts
everyone is gona say ground control/koni yellows... yadda yadda yadda....

But for those of us who dont have 1 g to drop on suspension. I would suggest H&R sport springs, they drop a little lower than that, maybe 1.8' (they dropped me 1.5 on my del sol, but i took alot out to help with weight) And for struts i like my tokico illmunias, i hear bad things about their quality but i have had no problems what so ever. Whole thing cost me $400.

and i am 99.9% sure that integra parts will fit on your car (i'm kinda sleepy so not real sure) but putting the integra parts of these will make up for the added weight. (integra parts have stiffer springs up front to comensate for the added engine weight.

·
Registered
381 Posts
yeah.. if you order any lowering springs, you can order the set for an integra gsr.. the springs are interchangeable..

tokico illuminas are fine and work great as long as the spring rates aren't overly aggressive.. so same deal with shocks.. you can order the front 2 shocks for an integra gsr and the rear 2 for your civic.. depending on which year civic you have.. eg's use the same as the dc tegs.. ek's have a slightly different rear shock..

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah my civic is a 94 ex, what if the strut and spring set comes in a package of 4 will the GSR shocks work in my rear as well??

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
tein basics run for $650, the SS runs for $850. that's really cheap for your honda.

·
Registered
870 Posts
stivic said:
I have a GSR swap in my civic and the added weight in the front is hurting my tires, my wheel alignment is off a little and my tread is wearing so once I get my wheels aligned I am looking for new struts and springs I want to drop maybe 1.25'' or 1.5'' What type of strut/spring combination would suit me the best, I want stiffer springs so that my inner fender doesnt rub against my tire when i go over a bump
do the alignment after you lower your car.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But everywhere I go to see about the alignment they say my car is too low, I have a body kit on it and the bumper does make it about half an inch lower than stock... So when I lower it an inch and 1/2 more what are they going to tell me lol how can I get the alignment done afterwards

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
take your body kit off so you can clear the ramps onto the machine.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah thats a good idea but even with my stock bumper and the car being lowered an inch that still wouldnt clear from what I've heard but I can ask around the shops

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
taking off the body kit doesn't mean to put the stock stuff back on ;)

just roll up to the shop w/ no bumpers and stuff. problem solved.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol sounds like a plan but what is this I've been reading about camber kits would installing one of those fix my problem instead of taking the car to the alignment shop??

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
you're supposed to get a camber kit, install it, then have the alignment place adjust everything...including the camber kit. my experience w/ a 1-1.5" drop is that you don't really need a camber kit. the shop can still adjust your camber w/ the oem hardware up to 1.5" :tu

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought for hondas you couldnt adjust camber angle just the toe or the way the tires point in and out

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
it's possible to adjust camber on hondas....probably not on some civics though. forgot what forum i was posting in :eek:

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
take your body kit off so you can clear the ramps onto the machine.
Thats what I do..... and when they tell me the lazers won't line up, I get in there and show them it will.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts