Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im upgrading my suspension alittle bit. Im going with tokico illumina shock to go with my H&R sports. Im also getting a new tie rod since one of mine has gone bad. Im getting new ingalls extream kits. Im getting the rear arm, not the washers. :rolleyes But I have a question about the fronts. Ive heard that the ball joint style hit the fender over hard bumps when the suspension moves all the way up. And I've also heard that the ancor bolt style rub against the sides where they mount. The ball joints style does replace the ball joint whice is a plus I guess. The price difference isnt much so I'd really like to know whice one is best. Anyone have experiance with either one? How were they? I also found a whole front suspension kit on ebay for like $150. It inclued a two new front arms with ball joints, 2 lower arms, 2 inner and outter tie rods. Im wondering if I should just go ahead and buy this to avoid replacing parts later. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
i have the skunk2 ball joint style on my gen 3 it doesnt hit. i dont see why it would on a gen2 if your stock control arm doesnt. and you get what you pay for i personally would stay away from that ebay kit.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
acuradriva said:
i have the skunk2 ball joint style on my gen 3 it doesnt hit. i dont see why it would on a gen2 if your stock control arm doesnt. and you get what you pay for i personally would stay away from that ebay kit.

yeah thats what i figured. what kind of drop do u have?

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Please, I beg you...

1. Forget about the camber kit, there's no need for it
2. Spend the money saved on the camber kit on Koni Yellows instead of Illuminas

Seriously that is the best advice I've given in quite a while.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
White98LS said:
Please, I beg you...

1. Forget about the camber kit, there's no need for it
2. Spend the money saved on the camber kit on Koni Yellows instead of Illuminas

Seriously that is the best advice I've given in quite a while.
I would love to take your advice b/c I know your usally right, but my tires say different. I have gotten an alignment b4 and got the toe set to zero but its still eating my tires. Why do you say theres no need for a camber kit? My camber is off by like 2.5 degrees. You dont have a camber kit? How do you not kill your tires? I wish I coud just buy some konis and call it a day. This is my dail driver and I drive all day since its my job so I have to make sure my tires last as long as possible.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
G2IntegraGS-R said:
I would love to take your advice b/c I know your usally right, but my tires say different. I have gotten an alignment b4 and got the toe set to zero but its still eating my tires. Why do you say theres no need for a camber kit? My camber is off by like 2.5 degrees. You dont have a camber kit? How do you not kill your tires? I wish I coud just buy some konis and call it a day. This is my dail driver and I drive all day since its my job so I have to make sure my tires last as long as possible.
Ah, for some reason I thought you were going with a smaller drop and getting H&R Sports... that is a lot of camber for that small of a drop, more than I would expect. I guess if you're having problems at zero toe and you're staying with the same drop, then you should get a camber kit. Don't cancel out all the camber though, you want some of that. You can always raise it up a little bit with the different Koni spring perches.

I have about a 2.0"F/1.5"R drop with no camber kit... -2.0*F/-1.4*R camber, no irregular wear at all. I have about 10k on this set of tires and they are wearing beautifully. Daily driver and auto-x but on a diff. set of tires.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I might just go get an alignment and then go get a paint job. Watcha think? I will get a 92-93 bumper and a lip the get my car painted since it has about a million dents and the paint is coming off in many places.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts