Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i might change what wheels i get. As some of u know i was going to get some 17 in ssr competitions but i think i might get some 16 in spoon sw388's now. What do u guys think?

Does anyone have a picture of these wheels on an ebp civic?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I would go for spoon sw388. Because it look good and weight reduction too. I loved that rim myself. I'm going to get one for next summer.

It's your choice. Both of these rims look good too.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can anyone recomend a good place to get the sw388's. the lowest ive found is 480 bucks, ouch.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
if the price bothers you, the Rota Slipstream wheel weighs in at 11.9lbs comes in 9 different colors including sw388 flat black, and is an exact replica of that wheel. I think it might even be lighter than the wheel it is a copy of and you can find them in 15x6.5in for under 100 bucks each, the 16s costing only a little more than that- up to you, but its gonna be $365 for a full set of those and most of the people that see them wont even be able to tell the difference, you probably wont either. dont get me wrong, i love legit spoon shit, and like spending money on totally useless things sometimes, but the rotas are a deal thats hard to pass up considering how light/strong they are. have fun deciding what to do. peace

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmmm, i could get the rotas AND the ssr's for about the same price as the spoons. interesting....

·
Registered
125 Posts
sw388's are the best rim you can buy, they are not for look, they are for performance. a 15in sw388 weighs 9lbs. The rota's and the sw388s look totally different, you can tell the difference a mile away. The spoon wheels arent actually black, more of a flat dark grey, or almost a primer black color. The rota's have a little shine to them, but they still look good, I had a pair of 15's, I am getting some more of them in 16in. The rota is a great wheel for a good price, but they arent the same as the sw388's

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just checked and the rotas weigh like 2.5 lbs more than the spoons

·
Registered
113 Posts
rcmay said:
sw388's are the best rim you can buy, they are not for look, they are for performance. a 15in sw388 weighs 9lbs. The rota's and the sw388s look totally different, you can tell the difference a mile away. The spoon wheels arent actually black, more of a flat dark grey, or almost a primer black color. The rota's have a little shine to them, but they still look good, I had a pair of 15's, I am getting some more of them in 16in. The rota is a great wheel for a good price, but they arent the same as the sw388's
they're both black, but with a different finish....you can hardly tell the difference if the cheesy centercap wasn't there...

myflysi- 2.5 lbs does make a difference...maybe he's not going to be in any competitive racing or maybe he is, so giving approximate measurements could prevent those unwanted comments, ya know?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
myflysi said:
good lord, mike said "might" and he ended up making a 2.5lb mistake, will i ever be forgiven :rolleyes:
i will never forgive u.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts