Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
background: 98 sh, with jdm h22 obd1, m2b4 trans, chipped p28 with harness, i installed the oilpump cps/tdc sensor, obd2 dizzy, checked grounds on tstat, valve cover,trans. installed the correct timing/crank sprockets.

update: i put a test light on the icm wire(yellow/green) at the ecu and with the key turned on, there is power. (It is an obd1 ecu with conversion harness)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup, everything has power. brand new battery and ground cables. I did notice that the rotor was a little burnt so ill replace it tonight. i dont expect that to fix it, but its one more thing to cross off the list. The thing is everything worked fine when i pulled the motor out (except for that that hole in the piston) so i shouldn't have to replaces this stuff. guess i will start with the cheapest parts first.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its not firing at all though, tested every plug. I tested the dizzy cap, no spark, i tested the icm getting power, i tested the coil, and it tests fine. i tested the yellow/green wire from ecu and it has power.

something is keeping it from spark.

All grounds are connected correctly:bash

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
if you haven't voltage tested anything then you haven't checked your electrical flow. check for electricity present with a test light or multi meter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
some detail

just wondering some things,

-with the new ECU did you use the same distributor?
-what kind of ECU
-which engine harness are you using?
-wheres the jumper? from the ECU to engine harness? from the CPK sensors to the engine harness?

Just wondering, hope these aint ingnant questions

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the distrubitor on the car is the 98 stock one
the ecu on the car is a chipped phearable p28 obd1 unit
the engine harness on the car is the stock 98 one

the ecu is connected using an obd2 to obd1 harness

I have the cps sensor plugged into the stock location wire harness plug.

I am beginning to think that this is all because of the ecu and the immobilizer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts