Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
not that anyone cares or visits this site anymore, but I took the car into a garage to troubleshoot the no start condition. He's gotta good reputation so hopefully he'll have it running in a week or so.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
not that anyone cares or visits this site anymore, but I took the car into a garage to troubleshoot the no start condition. He's gotta good reputation so hopefully he'll have it running in a week or so.
Cool, be sure to keep up the thread even though no one is ever around these gays >.<

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
thanks, posting the answer to any problem in a post is really important. i dont know how many threads i've looked up for an answer to different yet very specific problem or even to this same question and they are usually left blank.

·
Registered
882 Posts
did you ever source the problem? im actually just finishing uti and going into BMW to be trained by BMW north america...its night and day different what i know now...but your problem is strange....usually when you cant get spark its not reading or recognizing the ckp...if the ecu doesnt see a signal from the ckp it wont send a spark signal...there are ways to test your ckp..usually resistance is the best way...if i can help let me know...have you made sure your ckp is good..not the wiring but the sensor itself? Benn a long time since ive been on this board

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It's been a long time for me as well and the forums are almost dead it seems. The cpk that I installed was from my previous working although melted piston motor that still ran. I cant test it as the car is now at a garage. Ive installed every part available from the h22a4 onto the h22, including the oil pump and sensors. The only part I didn't have to set the car back to stock was an ecu. I just sourced an original ecu for the car and handed it over to the mechanic who is getting the whole car re-programmed @ Honda. Hopefully they find out what it is or it'll be sitting for another 10 years. I know for one thing I'm finished with Honda's after this swap.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Update: The car has finally started. It was a faulty crank position sensor, and I was 2-3 teeth off on timing.

The cps was working when i pulled it off of the old motor and it sat in a zipock bag on my workbench for a long time. approx 7+ years. During this time it was stuck together since both ends were magnets. I am thinking this caused the sensor to malfunction and read low. There are still some minor things to fix, like adding the correct vtec solenoid and installing the cai, putting the back seat in and giving it a good going over.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts