Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who is doing an ex swap on his dx it is a 96 civic. Is the mount the same for the engine? What do you have to do? He is getting an complete swap. Thanks.

· Registered
6,555 Posts
is he getting a 96+ ex swap??
if so the mounts are the same.

AnthonyA182.......whats wrong with getting an ex swap for a dx??
i mean the ex setup is better than the dx right? its not like he's putting a civic dx motor into an integra typer body.
not everyone has +-$3000 to spend on a gsr,b16 etc..swap.
i mean i got an 99 ex swap for my dx civic also.
paid $900 for the complete swap with 1200 miles on it.
with just an intake and exhaust i ran a [email protected]

· Registered
535 Posts
Well I'm not saying it's a horrible swap, I mean if you find an outstanding deal, then by all means go for it. Basically it helps if you have a plan of where your car is, and what you want your car to be. And then go from there. So if you want to run 12s, a D16 isn't your best bet (possible, but not the best way) But hey to each their own.

· Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My friend owned a 11 second civic hatchback with turbo and nos. He wants to work on something else. Plus it is a good price for the motor.

· Registered
84 Posts
besides gaining a few HP hes not really gaining anything over a DX motor. when u compare a DX car vs a EX, it comes down to the driver. DX has less weight, little HP differences. i definitely wouldnt upgrade to just a EX motor. im a wiring guru, but i definitely wouldnt do an upgrade like that just for the pain of wiring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.