Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 b18c1 in a 92 hatch. Motor is pretty built. Stock ECU keeps throwing Knock and TPS codes. We have tried 3 different Knock Sensors and tried to readjust TPS and keep getting same results. Motor is hesitating at about 4500 if i jump on throttle but if i feather it i can rev all the way to redline.

Any thoughts would be great

Thank you

·
Registered
150 Posts
Are you running OBD-1 or OBD-2, On a OBD-1 the TPS outer connector wires need to be swapped when a Dual-point harness is converted to multi-point. The knock sensor like v4 said needs a sheilded wire. The knock sensor in a peizio electric crystal that produces small voltages when there is a vibration such as detonation/knock, that small voltage is then sent to the ECU and the timing is retarded until the knock/detonation goes away. So there is never a constant signal from the sensor to the ECU, the ECU waits for a voltage signal from the peizio electric crystal (Knock Sensor) when knock occurs. The reason for the sheilded wire is because voltage can be induced or transferd magneticly into the knock sensor wire from other sensors or wiring and produce a signal to the ECU, in return the ECU thinks that the engine is knocking and will retard the timing. Or in a worst case senirio the engine could be actualy knocking. Also look into that TPS wiring thing. What harness are you using?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.