Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone swapped a 1.8L or a 1.6l motor in a lude....what would be the outcome...would it shed some weight offf...would you think the low torque would affect the performance in the lude.. i know parts would be cheaper and easier to come by....i was thinkin about doin a ls/vtec swap...i can get ls motors dirt cheap and vtec heads pretty cheap and all my boys have 1.8s and 1.6s n im the only one wit a 2.3l...had the car for 3 years now and i was goin to go wit the 2.2l head swapp but parts are more expensive than 1.8 n 1.6 parts... give me some input

· Registered
160 Posts
don't do it. you need the torque from out bigger engines cause our cars are much heavier than civics and integras. it may be a little cheaper but we really have some sweet engines in out ludes.

· Registered
71 Posts
dont do it

yeah man dont do it....dont put a smaller engine in a prelude...i kno it sounds cheaper overall but not worth it. a prelude needs a prelude motor, not a civic or integra motor...if a 1.8L engine was meant for a prelude then there would be many preludes like that...again all that needs to be said is dont do it man...work hard and get a H22 or stroke your H23, it will be so worth it...

· Registered
3,126 Posts
First-Raise your hand
Second-Slap yourself with it

Why would you wanna put a smaller motor into your car? Just cause your friends have smaller motors, it doesn't mean you have to and of course parts are going to be a little more expensive for your car, cause you have a bigger motor.....

· Registered
1,336 Posts
LsBoyB18 said:
why would uwant to DOWNgrade for?

thats even worse than a 1.6 in a teg :eek: :rolleyes:
:) thats funny because i know this boi with a b16 in his 2nd gen teg and he run some thing in the 12's :) its one of the nicest 2nd gen teg out there :)

btw: its a daily driver too :)

· Registered
25 Posts
don't think H22A is a lot heavier than 1.8/1.6s
Besides, Lude needs some torque, due to its weight

· Registered
13 Posts
So he can just build his head..and block and rev all he wants. Just because no one one you know HAS a prelude revving to 9 doesn't mean it isn't possible. BTW Bigger is better...stick with the h22a. Y do you think most of the top dragers use it. they need toque to get down the track. But hey...do wat you want.
Josh

· Registered
1,336 Posts
99LudeSH said:
don't think H22A is a lot heavier than 1.8/1.6s
Besides, Lude needs some torque, due to its weight
about 50 lbs more then any b-series engines :) the h22 is close to 400 lbs for the whole long block :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.