Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swap went well, performed the crank sensor trick no problem! There is one question I have concerrning the Y8 intake manifold fitting the Z6 head; it's not a direct fit!

THe Y8 intake has an upper vacuum valley that the Z6 head doesn't have. There is a vacuum takeoff on the manifold (Y8) that goes to a "T" at the thermostat housing. Now I'm having cooling problems and the vacuum leak can not be sealed off.

My question is: Will the Y8 head fit the Z6 block? It seems to be close, but without doing a little trial and error (time and gaskets) I figured I'd ask the forum!

Thanks for any help! Sean

· Registered
49,788 Posts
Swap went well, performed the crank sensor trick no problem! There is one question I have concerrning the Y8 intake manifold fitting the Z6 head; it's not a direct fit!

THe Y8 intake has an upper vacuum valley that the Z6 head doesn't have. There is a vacuum takeoff on the manifold (Y8) that goes to a "T" at the thermostat housing. Now I'm having cooling problems and the vacuum leak can not be sealed off.

My question is: Will the Y8 head fit the Z6 block? It seems to be close, but without doing a little trial and error (time and gaskets) I figured I'd ask the forum!

Thanks for any help! Sean
yes the y8 head will fit on the z6 block

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
post pics cause it should work fine. there are differences but nothing that can't be fixed.

post pics of exactly what your talking about and i'll show you how to get it to work

· Registered
49,788 Posts
post pics cause it should work fine. there are differences but nothing that can't be fixed.

post pics of exactly what your talking about and i'll show you how to get it to work
x2
fixing the manifold is going to be a lot easier and less stressful than swapping heads

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.