Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I recently swapped my old d16A6 to my new d16a6. After I have done the swap I have no spark, tested my coil at autozone and shows as fine, checked wiring and grounds. Curious if the resistor box has anything to do with it, any input please

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
are you sure you have no spark?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Positive, did a tests to make sure and getting nothing to it or the distrib no spark when pulling it out to see if it may arch also.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
it won't hurt to check the resister box. but I would go over your wiring again

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am still confused, I have corrected the grounds and checked the wiring still just cranking with no spark, tested the icm and coil and they are good. So any help would be fantastic at this point

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
this can be quite hard to determine over the web.

but if the last motor was working fine before the swap something has changed with the new engine. if you have all the old parts you could start swapping till you've figured it out. ive ran into this problem before on a friends car. i diagnosed his icm to be bad but found out there was something else wrong with it as well. before i started looking again he got fed up with it and decided to get another car. it was a 89 accord, i told him that would be a good idea, it wasn't in good shape. if your sure the reason the car isnt starting is no spark, check all the components and wiring again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I have checked the coil and icm and they are both good, icm passed and coil in specs. Still the engine just cranks, took a voltemeter and getting powers from the wire into the distributor but no spark in the spark plugs still, I am maybe thinking it is the distributor. since I have replaced the cap and rotor and nothing still. Anyone have a pic of where the grounds are supposed to be at, maybe that is causing it to. Please get me a pic since it will help me. Any advice will help also

1 - 8 of 8 Posts