Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to put Prelude front brakes on the front of a 6g Civic? If so what parts would be needed. If not what about the integra front brakes?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stuff

a 98 CX HB. That sucks, I was kinda hoping to put Prelude brakes on. Are the Integra rotors a lot bigger? Or would a performance package be better and/or cheaper. I noticed AEMs kit is only for the EX Civics.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
A lot of the big brake kits don't include new calipers. They just include bigger discs. You can either go with the GSR brakes up front or go with EX/SI brakes. They are all larger, than what you have. From what I heard, the GSR brakes are the same except the calipers are a little larger.

Either way you go, you must upgrade the master cylinder and brake booster as klungemonger said.

I would think that you could get the front end for less than $200. Then add another $150 for a good set of rotors/pads and you should be in good shape :)

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
They are bigger than your CX brakes that's for sure. I suggest just getting a full conversion, looks good & works good. Don't cry over the Prelude not working, there's no reason to favor those over the Integra anyways. I've seen complete GSR changeovers, all 4 corners everything you need + the booster and master cylinder for $500-$600. It could come with brake lines too but maybe you want to change to stainless while your at it, use the ones for 99-00 Si. You could also use the entire brake swap for the 99-00 Si in fact, same as Integra.
The AEM kit is over $400 and all it is is larger front rotors, a set of pads, and relocation brackets for stock calipers. I don't think it's worth it.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
I would also recommend replacing the front lower arms while you are in there. That will allow you to use an oem sway bar down the road. You could probably pick the bar up from a salvage yard for $50 bucks or so.

If you get a full conversion (rear discs as well), then be sure to get the 4 wheel disc brake proportioning valve. It can be found on 94-01 tegs and 99-00 SI.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Yep, good idea. The aftermarket swaybar attachments leave something to be desired so if you get stock stuff that's good, also gives you more options of sway bars to choose from since some companies only make them for factory-equipped cars.

Hey kommon-sense, where is the prop valve? Is it attached to the master cylinder? I'm trying to get a booster/mc/valve together for a friend of mine, I want to make sure I get everything I pay for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts