Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got a del sol s and im pretty happy with the car but its a auto and i want a manual. so what do you guys think about doing the switch how much work and prices. thanks

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
stu89 said:
So i got a del sol s and im pretty happy with the car but its a auto and i want a manual. so what do you guys think about doing the switch how much work and prices. thanks
you can find a used d series trans for not much. try ebay, or your local junkyard. but then you gotta get other shit like an ECU, the actualy clutch pedal, shifter, i think shift linkage, and labor. i am actually considering the same thing. and the guy at the shop i work at said he wouldnt help me do it cause itd be such a pain in the ass. honestly id rather buy a different car than spend a shitload to have the trans swapped. dont mean to sound like an ass but how can you be happy with the car if you want a manual? and why didnt you just get a manual in the first plAce? and in the 2nd place, who said autos cant be fast?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so i never said autos couldnt be fast. sorry i asked i guess if your going to be an ass about it you shouldnt say anything maybe thats just me tho. but im thinking about doing becsue they are way more fun

·
Registered
485 Posts
i was told it would be 1300 for mine installed

shift linkage
motor mounts
tranny
clutch gearbox?
some other stuff i think

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
stu89 said:
ok so i never said autos couldnt be fast. sorry i asked i guess if your going to be an ass about it you shouldnt say anything maybe thats just me tho. but im thinking about doing becsue they are way more fun
im not being an ass kid. if i was being an ass id say something like "youre a dumbass if you bought an auto when you really wanted a manual"
but i didnt. i asked you why you bought something you didnt want. the responses above this one should help you determine what you should do. if you got the $, go for it. but to be more cost effective, get a dif. car.

me, i am in no situation to go buying different cars. my dad bought me a del sol when i was 18 and im working with an auto cause its all i got. of course id rather have manual. good luck whatever you do. let us know.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
well i got a full z6 swap for 200, so im sure i could have gotten the tranny for about 100, after that u just need to scavage for the other smaller parts and have fun, learn somthing new and feel great about it when your done!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts