Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allrighty ill eb doing a head swap from a d16y8 to a d16z6 for my brother because on hisold head one of the nuts that holds the valve cover on snapped and it leaks oil out the top among other things.and i have a few questions. My main concern is the ecu thing. The head z6 is jspec, so will his y8 ecu work with the jspec z6. Anything else im missing would help me out too or any advice.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
why not drill out the broken bolt?

but for your other questions, yes the P2P ECU will work the Z6 head, but youwill have to swap your Y8 internals into the Z6 distrubiter housing.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Hey this thread raises questions for me too. I'm considering the OBD1 ecu conversion, to a P06 95 DX ecu. But it'll be on a Y7, will my dizzy not work right? Also need to figure out about the 3-wire IACV, will it keep working with a 2-wire ECU and the 3rd wire just be idle or what...anyone know? And by "anyone", I mean you nexus! :p

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
klungemonger said:
Hey this thread raises questions for me too. I'm considering the OBD1 ecu conversion, to a P06 95 DX ecu. But it'll be on a Y7, will my dizzy not work right? Also need to figure out about the 3-wire IACV, will it keep working with a 2-wire ECU and the 3rd wire just be idle or what...anyone know? And by "anyone", I mean you nexus! :p

Your dizzy will work, since all the connections remain in tact.
I am not too sure about the IACV. But I am sure I will run across the answer soon.:D

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
infinatenexus said:
Your dizzy will work, since all the connections remain in tact.
I am not too sure about the IACV. But I am sure I will run across the answer soon.:D
Thanks. You planning the same conversion?
I'm looking at a BBK 62mm t/b right now on Ebay, I got enough coin for that, a P06, and the harness. Hondadog is getting my turbo off me so I might have money for the Hondata too pretty soon...

By the way if you are going OBD1, there's a company on the groupbuy site selling harnesses for $90 shipped...

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
klungemonger said:
Thanks. You planning the same conversion?
I'm looking at a BBK 62mm t/b right now on Ebay, I got enough coin for that, a P06, and the harness. Hondadog is getting my turbo off me so I might have money for the Hondata too pretty soon...

By the way if you are going OBD1, there's a company on the groupbuy site selling harnesses for $90 shipped...
I already have the conversion harness, and a P28 Ecu, I just have to modify my DX wiring harness.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Oh yeah, you are doing mini-me. I'm just sticking with the Y7 head, but I'm getting a spare to port and use the cam for core to send to Delta. If Payn Technologies over here near me says they can tune the Hondata to run my motor with A1 pistons on pump gas then I'll put those in too. Crazy torque, like 11:5 c/r... woohoo! :p

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
klungemonger said:
Oh yeah, you are doing mini-me. I'm just sticking with the Y7 head, but I'm getting a spare to port and use the cam for core to send to Delta. If Payn Technologies over here near me says they can tune the Hondata to run my motor with A1 pistons on pump gas then I'll put those in too. Crazy torque, like 11:5 c/r... woohoo! :p
Adams Automotive in crestview said they could do my Ai pistons on pump gas with no problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts