Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get a good engine swap ? or a lsvtec conversion in TX area cause I need speed. Well holler back.

· Registered
582 Posts
I sell the 99-00 civic SI b16 swap and the 94+ B18C1 GSR swap. I'm in dallas. The SI swap is 2300 and the GSR is 3100...includes motor, tranny, ecu, shift linkage, wiring harness, side/rear tranny mount. Hit me up at [email protected] if you are interested. or IM me at jkan2001.

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I know Nate from Sunrise hes kinda expensive I wanted the LSTVEC he said he has to try it out first, but yeah if you know anyone who could do one hook me up. And as for the for engine swap is installation included ? If not how much ? Do you know anyone in Dallas that can do the LSVTEC ? I'm looking for an affordable swap right now. I have a B18B1 in my HB right now. Looking for more power some how. Dont wanna go turbo or NOS more NA for me. Well thanks guys.

· Registered
190 Posts
thavarin...

jotech in garland but they will rape you alive in price. redline in arlington is okay and decent in price. alamo...i'm not sure price and work are decent but i'm not sure about their tuning. try boostfactor in irving...they are new but the tuning is excellent (their tuner is top secret).

· Registered
62 Posts
Re: thavarin...

jpn6438 said:
jotech in garland but they will rape you alive in price. redline in arlington is okay and decent in price. alamo...i'm not sure price and work are decent but i'm not sure about their tuning. try boostfactor in irving...they are new but the tuning is excellent (their tuner is top secret).
Hey man, where in Garland is jotech?
Thanks

· Registered
582 Posts
Re: thavarin...

jpn6438 said:

BWAHAHAH

DO NOT GO TO BOOSTFACTOR!!!!!! My friend dropped over 4 grand for a S13 DET swap into his S14 240SX and when he got it back it BARELY EVEN RAN. We had to do so much work to fix their half assed job and it is still only about as fast as my turbo civic. It should be raping my friends JRSC lude.

· Registered
190 Posts
Re: Re: thavarin...

Wesley_Wilk said:
Hey man, where in Garland is jotech?
Thanks
i think they are at the corner of shiloh and kingsley not sure on the spelling of the two street. their web site use to show a map but i can't seem to find it. here is the phone number 214-342-8268...here is their web site http://www.jotech.com/before/startpage.htm

i hope this help.

· Registered
190 Posts
Jkan2001...

Jkan2001 said:
BWAHAHAH

DO NOT GO TO BOOSTFACTOR!!!!!! My friend dropped over 4 grand for a S13 DET swap into his S14 240SX and when he got it back it BARELY EVEN RAN. We had to do so much work to fix their half assed job and it is still only about as fast as my turbo civic. It should be raping my friends JRSC lude.
how long ago did this happen? what color was your friend s14 240sx? maybe i can help clear things up.

· Registered
582 Posts
Re: Jkan2001...

jpn6438 said:
how long ago did this happen? what color was your friend s14 240sx? maybe i can help clear things up.
It was supposed to be done beginning of the summer but it's dragged on to now and it's barely better. His car is a champagne/gold 95 SE i think.

· Registered
190 Posts
Jkan2001...

i thought the car was done about a month ago? when did your friend actually brought the car in. i went to boostfactor today and they told me that it took them about a week to do it. they also told me that they want a compression test done but your friend refuse. i don't know what side to believe...all that i know is that all of the other sr20 swap that they did went well and the owners love it. i just don't know

· Registered
386 Posts
stuff

Im in Temple. Guy I work with just had a b16 put in his 95 coupe from a shop in Round Rock called Tyrones Automotive. They just opened about 6 months ago but did an awsome job. He paid $2800 and it included a Mugen computer. And he warrantys the work for 6 months.

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you know where Tyrone's Automotive is ? I'm from the Killeen area. I heard of someone down in Austin who does cheap engine swaps. Might be the same person. But anyways hook it up man. Thanks.

Oh yea JoTech is a r i p p off like most shops in TX not saying all but alot I've Been to are pretty expensive. Being from CA its much cheaper so of course I'mma whine about it. Well thanks guys. for the info.

· Registered
386 Posts
stuff

From Killeen go S. i-35 and in Round Rock take the 79/Sam Bass exit. Right at the light and follow the windy road over tracks and after a sharp curve to the right there will be like the only left onto a short neiborhood rd. Tyrones is on that rd I think at the end.

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks man. Hopefully I can get a LSVTEC done. Do you know anyone around here selling a turbo by any chance ?

· Registered
386 Posts
stuff

Not to sure were to find a turbo around here. I know that theres a few shops in Killeen that order for you but they charge more then ordering it yourself. I havent seen a shop in Central TX that has good deals on parts yet. I usually order all through mags or online.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.