Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a ex sway bar today and thought i'd install it on my 96 lx... .but no threaded holes.. just my luck... anyhow i drilled a hole for the mounting point and the metal is really thin there... i KNOW it is in the right place... how am i supposed to thread something that thin and not strip it out on the first hard corner i take?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know that these things were posted recently BUT the thing is that none of the threads i found using the search button(or even the ones you found using the search button{SAME THREADS!!}) had the relevent information i want. the major question is HOW. i know other people have done it w/ and w/o holes predrilled. the question is how should i attatch the bar to the body. should i weld the bracket on? should i weld on some pieces of metal and tap through them? I just am not certain how much pressure the bar procuces to the body mounting points and how i should go about this.. i am just asking for more information.. i got the bar at noon this morning and spent 4 hours searching this and other sites trying to find more information but to no avail. i knew that somebody was going to tell me to search I DID!!!! :bh

btw I am not trying to be an ass and I am sorry if you took offense to anythign i said. i konw that you know what you are talking :number1 about but sometimes i think you just search and put up threads w/o matching up the info asked and the info in the threads. sorry!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update

i gave up on the drilling and taping holes and just welded it to the subframe... noticed the car wanted to understeer a little less and the rear held up to alot more before losing grip. just an update

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I just installed a rear sway bar on my 96 LX (and have installed one on my 94 LX) .. all 94-97 Accords have pre-drilled holes for sway bars.

The side endlinks mount to the rear trailing arm with L shape bracket, and the middle mounts use the subframe bolts with adaptors ..

so I donno what you were drilling ... :bh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts