Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the best sway bar setup for a 92 civic dx hatchback with either a b16a3 or b18c1 engine swap. I've heard that the itr bars are good, but is there anything better? The dx doesn't come with any sway bars so I need front and rear. I'm not quite sure what people mean when they say the car will be "neutral". Do I want oversteer on a street car?

· Registered
136 Posts
RE:

1. ITR bars are good! 24mm front, and 22mm rear.

2. If your DX don't have stock factor even on the front, you might want to check your control arms, cuz, if I am not wrong some version of EG Civic don't have pre-drilled holes on the lower control arm where you can mount your sway bars. If that's the case, you will need new lower control arms.

3. For a street car, you rother have understeer than over steer. If you haven't figure out what oversteer is, then I think you shouldn't have an oversteer Front wheel drive car, cuz, it's gonna be a chaos.... (I don't mean to offened you, but it's very hard, to gain the control on a front wheel drive car if your tail step out on you.)

4. My suggestion for your setup, 25mm front, and 19mm rear. I think that's just enough for you to have some fun, and the car will turn pretty well, but still maintain some understeer for safty.

Just my opinion.

· Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, that sounds like it might be a good setup, but I might want a little oversteer. I know what it is I'm not sure how much I want though. Where would I find a 25mm front sway bar and a 19mm rear sway bar? Or should I just get the LCA's from the itr and get the itr setup?

· Registered
136 Posts
RE:

I think you should give a try of that setup, b4 you setup for 22mm rear sway bar.
from 14mm jump to 19mm is a big difference. once you get use to the 19mm, maybe it's enough, if not then 22mm can be your choice.

I know the Eibach's last verison of sway bar is 23mm front and 19mm rear. But I think they change the spec now.

just do some search, there are a few out there that's 24mm or 25mm front and 19, or 21mm rear. Something like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.