Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have stock 2007 civic si coupe. The stock sway bar dia. are 28 mm front, 17 mm rear. how large a rear bar can I put with this setup to induce SOME oversteer ? have seen eibach 19 mm , blox 21 mm I don't want to go overboard but it feels like I'm driving a framing hammer. Also I have seen some ads selling [heim] links saying these make the bar rate adjustable but aren't there mounting points/holes in the end of the bar ? ye who know please enlighten this O/F thanks, monear

· Registered
429 Posts
Kay, this is gonna sound really dumb but is a sway bar one solid piece or is multiple? I have been racing autocross without a sway bar and I think its about time to get one. I have looked online but I've only found like multiple little pieces?? Idk...help? :)

· Registered
10,346 Posts
I have stock 2007 civic si coupe. The stock sway bar dia. are 28 mm front, 17 mm rear. how large a rear bar can I put with this setup to induce SOME oversteer ? have seen eibach 19 mm , blox 21 mm I don't want to go overboard but it feels like I'm driving a framing hammer. Also I have seen some ads selling [heim] links saying these make the bar rate adjustable but aren't there mounting points/holes in the end of the bar ? ye who know please enlighten this O/F thanks, monear
I would either go the cheap route and sacrifice some handling by removing the front sway bar, or buy the 21mm. Dont get anything larger then that in the rear, until you feel the need to upgrade to stiffer suspension. A large sway bar is for stiff springs, a small sway bar is for soft (usually OEM) springs.

Kay, this is gonna sound really dumb but is a sway bar one solid piece or is multiple? I have been racing autocross without a sway bar and I think its about time to get one. I have looked online but I've only found like multiple little pieces?? Idk...help? :)

The sway bars for honda are usually one bar with what are called endlinks. PM me for more help, or hop on ebay and simply search del sol sway bar. Think of a very, very wide "u" and then has towo pieces that bolt to the lower control arms, but are hinged to allow movement to a degree. 88-00 civic and 94-01 integra sway bars work for our del sols. If you find another place online which only allows civic searchs (they are out there, some people forget about our poor del sols) search under 92-95 civic ( same car, different body)

· Registered
10,346 Posts
I did forget to add, adjustable sway bars are kinda pointless. If you need to tighten it up a bit, so for example you have a 15mm bar, you can get bushings for a !4mm and force em on to hold teh bar tighter. To looosen em, you can simply find some 1mm washers and put them on the bushing mounts that are U shapoed. This gives the bushings that 1 mm gap to expand a bit. Ghetto and maybe not the best, but worked for me. Do realize loosening or tightening the sway bar in my methods will cause the bushings to wear out a bit faster, as one way os over dsoing it a bit, while the other allows the bushing to basically be pushed out of shape evrytime the suspension goes up and down.

real adjustable sway bars have endlinks in which the length can be adjusted. This allows adjustment to how firm a grip the sway bar has on teh control arm. If you lengthen the endlinks, you are increasing how "down" the sway bar is pushing, while shortening it will have the opposite effect. Shortening it or lengthing it too much puts a constant tension on the bar and can cause iot to warp from the constand abuse of being bent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.