Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just want to share how pleased i am.
ive been rolling with a short ram intake for 2 years now. ive used aem and cheapo sri's and both seemed to work the same.
last night i switched to a cold air intake that i got off ebay[bomz, $20].
so after i reset my ecu i took it out for a drive and wow! i immediately noticed smoother acceleration, its quieter, and there is a definate spike in torque near the end of 1st gear.
i thought that when i switched that i may loose some of my low end torque, but that is definatly not the case.
in the 2 years i used the sri i was used to not getting much power till my engine crossed over to vtec in 1st gear. but now i feel like the power just keeps going up from the beggining of first all the way to the end.
no i have not had a befor and after dyno done so i dont know what the actual numbers would be, but seeing as how ive had the sri for two years i think i know the difference.
i just wanted to say that anybody thinking about getting a short ram intake dont do it, get the cold air, you will be pleased:)
just my .02.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
pwrdbykmfdm said:
just want to share how pleased i am.
ive been rolling with a short ram intake for 2 years now. ive used aem and cheapo sri's and both seemed to work the same.
last night i switched to a cold air intake that i got off ebay[bomz, $20].
so after i reset my ecu i took it out for a drive and wow! i immediately noticed smoother acceleration, its quieter, and there is a definate spike in torque near the end of 1st gear.
i thought that when i switched that i may loose some of my low end torque, but that is definatly not the case.
in the 2 years i used the sri i was used to not getting much power till my engine crossed over to vtec in 1st gear. but now i feel like the power just keeps going up from the beggining of first all the way to the end.
no i have not had a befor and after dyno done so i dont know what the actual numbers would be, but seeing as how ive had the sri for two years i think i know the difference.
i just wanted to say that anybody thinking about getting a short ram intake dont do it, get the cold air, you will be pleased:)
just my .02.
im getting mine soon and i hope to get good results.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
asianpride559 said:
im getting mine soon and i hope to get good results.
wassup azn pride! ^_+ been a long time, u gave me lots of advice on some questions i had a while back.
neways good luck with your CAI your getting, i think you will likey very much as i do ^_+

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.