Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Switching for TSX to CRX

909 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  RR-942 
#1 ·
Switching from TSX to CRX

Hello to everybody here!

Please welcome future CRX owner :D .
I had 89 Si Hb back in the mid 90s and always wanted the CRX but could not have one. Well, even after having '00 SiR (CDN Model) and the current '04 TSX 6MT and I still want the REX. My wife should be perfectly fine with the TSX since it's perfect for the child seat, safety and bluh, bluh bluh...

I've been reading many CRX forums over the last month and so far SH.com is the best and most active, specially for CRX'ers.
I am looking for 91 CRX Si in Toronto or in 80km radius.

Guys I have several questions about the CRX:
1. is A/C rare in the REX? Will A/C work with B16A1 swap or mods will be needed?
All I could find is info on removing A/C.
2. Did anyone do sound insulation with noticeable results? I know its 14 y/o car but I still...
3. Are Interior parts such as Arm-rest, new seats still available anywhere?
I check with a Honda dealer here but all parts I was asking about were discontinued some time ago.
4. This one may sound dumb but anyways: will power steering fit in a CRX from any other Honda?

I want to apologize in advance if any of this topics came up somewhere but sincerely I could no find them.

See less See more
#2 ·
njn63 said:
you don't need it. I have 205's on the front of my car and at anything over 5mph it's not a problem. Even at a standstill it's not THAT bad but it is kind of a workout. Oh well, i don't go to the gym enough anyways.

Put it this way, drive it for a week and see if you want power steering. I love the steering feel on my car. If you really want it, i'm sure you can retrofit EX 4-door parts on but i really don't think it's necessary.
I agree I actualy like not having the powersteering in my car

#3 ·
Thanks for comments.
Probably I am too spoiled by the TSX but the CRX I've test driven this week made me want to do a "noise reduction job" :)

I had 205's on my Si hatch and steering was perfect for me at that time but still PwS would be nice.

My target is to make CRX as "up-to-date" as possible with looking "as-stock" as possible.
Interior, A/C, PS, Power Windows and Doors, Stereo w/Bluetooth (no woofers or anything stupid) and B16A1 maybe A2.
Basically, I want to make/keep it the way when somebody who has no idea what CRX is gets inside and will think it's a few year old car not a beat-up 15y/o.

Stock Si motor died in 97 in my Hb and I could not find replacement engine near-by.
I ended up putting DOHC ZC without any idea about "swapping" engines "thing" at all.
No Power steering, no muffler (it fell off and I did not want to spend money on it, police never bothered me at all) spyder-web on WC and slightly bent frame.
Oh my college years! :)

P.S. Sorry for typo in the Thread title.

#6 ·
Dub N Rex said:
with that will come added weight, which is one thing the CRX is known for. but i've been thinking about doing the same thing when i replace my carpet...
I think adding extra 40-60lb is not an issue with CRX. I want my CRX to be a pleasant and easy car to drive. I am planning to do extra sound insulation, interior upgrade (armrest, worn parts replacement, etc) DVD-R/MP3 player with Bluetooth for cell phone, B16 swap for power, power windows/mirrors/steering and working A/C and maybe hydr. (clutch if motor comes with it).
Just prepare it for the 21st century :).
Did anyone put power steering/windows or A/C into a CRX?
How was it? Hard, long, expensive?

#8 ·
keep it simply

my first advice is keep your rex as simple as possible.
im a beliver that all the shortcoming related to crxs are in the end what
make the car so special.
all the accesories that make a car confortable,make the car heavier and
less reliable.
roll your windous,open the sunroof,low the volumen,hit the gas,enjoy your rex
u cant touch this.

#11 ·
my ac works fine, and the climate control plastic piece isnt even broken :). my car is in perfect condition and im keeping it as a daily driver, 91 CRX Si, but im looking for another 2nd gen rex for a project car, or an EG hatch. I hear you can get a pwS conversion for a rex for like a few hundred bucks? Look around for one i dunno.

#12 ·
secondcrx said:
my ac works fine, and the climate control plastic piece isnt even broken :). my car is in perfect condition and im keeping it as a daily driver, 91 CRX Si, but im looking for another 2nd gen rex for a project car, or an EG hatch. I hear you can get a pwS conversion for a rex for like a few hundred bucks? Look around for one i dunno.
If you find details or get it done let me know how it went.

I finally found 1990 CRX Si in very good condition from the original owner.
190,xxx Km (110,xxx miles), mint interior, working AC, lots of new parts (breaks, Tbelt, Ftank, waterpump, etc....)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.