Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been wanting to change my gear oil for sometime now, so i went down to my local napa store and all they have is 2 quarts of syncromesh. so i was wondering if i could mix that with lucas oil stabilizer or what ever they make that u can add in with your tranny oil. i know it's waaaay over due

·
Registered
638 Posts
Gm syncro mesh.

Use Gm Syncro mesh. That shit works good on manual trannies for hondas. I use it in my Gsr. Its about 11 bucks a quart and you need two. My buddies gsr was grinding in first and gear changes but after I changed it out for him and dump a couple quarts in I got it to stop. Good stuff.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in ls's though u need 2.3quarts.... they only have 2, and it's the only 2 i can find on the coast. do you this it would be safe it i mix it with other gear oils(mobil 1 syntechic) to get that .3quarts??

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Don't mix shit, mixing Dexron and Ethelyne Glycol etc is bad I'm reffering to coolant, Just wait a few and find that Syncromesh I'm sure theres more than 2 quarts around.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:
Don't mix shit, mixing Dexron and Ethelyne Glycol etc is bad I'm reffering to coolant, Just wait a few and find that Syncromesh I'm sure theres more than 2 quarts around.
thankz, to tell u the truth, they would have to order it. the guy called around even the other auto parts store to try and find it. he said it would be like a week before he got the other quart. it's $8 here. ain't too shabby

·
Registered
400 Posts
Just go to autozone they got penzoil snyco mesh its the same stuff (I read the back) it says its in gm's and everything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts