Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wanting your alls opinion... i'm going with a kicker 600.1 amp but i dont know if i should get 2 alpine type r 12's or 1 kicker solo baric L7 12? which setup would sound better or be louder? the kicker comes out to be a little cheaper. but anyway should i get 2 or 4 ohm speakers? thanks!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
how good of a sound your getting depends on what your installation is like. Are your firing the subs towards the rear of the car or the front? Are they in a hatch or a trunk? It also depends on personal preference. Some people like their subs to run a wide frequency of bass, other people just like the subs to hit the lowest possible frequencies and let the other speakers carry some of the middle or lower middle sound.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
what is your budget like (for subs). what exactly do u need?. wats your goal?. i have many things for sale. :) :eek:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my car is a 97 accord (so i'll be puttin them in the trunk). i'd say i'll be firing the subs away from the car? but see this is my first system (also my first car i'm just 16) so i'm a major noob. i have some infinity kappa 6x9s so they handle mid bass pretty good. my budget is try to keep it under 600 and my goal is just to have a good poundin system but not so over the top that it makes your ears bleed or nuthin like that or breaks your back windshield. so what do u suggest now? i've heard 2 alpine type r 12's in a teg and they were loud as shit. so let me no ur opinions

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
i have a brand new 15" Image Dynamics IDQ for $210 shipped. yes they will get loud (port is a must if u get this sub..ask rcurrely55). well u can seal it, but you'll get so much more output in a ported box without sacrificing sound quality. the SQ is, well u can say better than an alpine Type R.

ask our mod vtecnicalaccord and rcurrely55 what they think of the IDQ:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GSteg said:
yes they will get loud (port is a must if u get this sub..ask rcurrely55). well u can seal it, but you'll get so much more output in a ported box without sacrificing sound quality. the SQ is, well u can say better than an alpine Type R.

are you talkin about ur sub or what?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
the IDQ:)

but no more coming out of me..i might be too biased.. lol. i'll let the others speak for the idq:p

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well pretty much i had it narrowed down to the alpines or kicker i just didn't know which 1 would be better for what i wanted and whether to get 2 or 4 ohm?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Well, I gotta plug Rockford. I've tried a few brands and had them shit out on me, but right now I've got two 12inch HX2 DVC's that've really impressed me.

Anyways, you asked two or four ohms. Go with two. If you can, bridge 'em down to one ohm. If you spend the dough on a really nice amp, it'll get down to one ohm. The lower your ohm-load is, the more power you can put to the sub w/o heating up your amplifier so much that it damages itself.

For midrange, those infinity's will be great. make sure you get a nice set for the front, that'll make a world of difference too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts