Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
T3 60-1 specs need help choosing

Well as it says i am looking at a T3 60-1 for my ls i am only looking for around 275-300 whp now they have a 60 trim with a .63 a/r and a 60 trim with a .82 a/r housing question is will either of these get me to my goal keep in mind stock bottom end and hondata s200b fuel pump and injectors plus the obvious tial 38 mm wastegate hks ssqv and a 26x6x3 front mount i know these things have been covered i have searched and found nothing on these trims and compressor housings thanks for any help

Todd-

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
doesn anyone not know how to help me or anything about turbos i dotn know alot about sizeing but thats because i am a fabricator i deal more with installing and creating then flow charts please someone help me

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
i'm sure someone will be able to answer your question. just give it a lil time.
not everyone here stays on the board 24/7
some people visit once or twice a week. just be patient
and welcome to Superhonda.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks i was here before a few years back when i had my jdm b16a sir2 swapped 99 ex but i have since forgotten my password and have a new isp but anyway thanks for the welcome used to be all about n/a but yeah i will check back in a few days

·
Registered
197 Posts
you listed the exhaust side A/R. what comp side A/R are you planning on running? running a .82 A/R (area radius ratio) will spool slower than if you were to run .63 A/R on the exhaust side. either way, 300whp wont be a problem with that turbo. (im running a .60 A/R comp side, .63 A/R exhaust side, easily in the 300whp range; SC44 is rated up to 550hp). good luck with your setup.

Kyle R

·
Registered
936 Posts
dont get a t3/60-1 for your hp goal. sure you'll make the goal but your curve will be peaky. get a smaller turbo such as a t3/t4b.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now do i want a .48 a/r turbine housing or a .63 a/r turbine housing i thought the super 60 would be big enough but if you are saying go t3/t04b then i guess that is what i shall go like i said 275 is the goal 300 whp would be a great accomplishment i just dont know where to get the turbo from i hav eseen and heard alot of bad things and good things was looking at turbo caculator for the kit they sell its like 1400 with i/c and wastgate then there is just the turbo over at cheapturbos.com i just dont know where to buy it from dont really trust e-gay got screwed on the t28 i bought it needed rebuilt and the guy said it had "NO" shaft play well i am not in a huge hurry dont get my L's back for a year but i just bought a house and i want something to work on when i get pissed at the wife

·
Registered
111 Posts
What are your goals? Do you want it to spool up early 3K rpm, 5K rpm, or ?

If you get a turbo that spools at 3K, your gonna have trouble launching in first without smoking the tires. Then your gonna bounce off the Rev limiter before your know it. I'd rather have a bigger turbo so you can launch without huge wheel spin and then you get that sort of slingshot effect.....it'll smoke a smaller turbo. Only Problem with a big turbo that spools late, it's not a great deal of fun for street use because your not getting any boost down low in the rpms. So you have to decide what you want and what kind of driving your gonna be doing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.