Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dunno if you guys already seen this or not but, from what I was told it's real not photoshopped

Discuss...

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
That would be a Targa top... Yeah, it's probably real, but that thing probably handles like a shit now.

~Peace

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IHIPrelude94 said:
That would be a Targa top... Yeah, it's probably real, but that thing probably handles like a shit now.

~Peace
Yea I could only imagine...all sorts of flex in the chassis :(

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Team_Carnage said:
Yea I could only imagine...all sorts of flex in the chassis :(
No doubt... people say not to put an aftermarket sunroof in because it ruins the structural rigidity of basically any car. Can't imagine cutting an entire section of roof out. The thing probably isn't safe in a car accident anymore either. I could imagine the floor bending right below the seats if it got hit hard enough in the front end.

~Peace

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
it looks unique, but a true T-top would have left some rigidity. convertables are usually heavier for that reason since the rest of the car is reinforced because there is no structural support in the roof.

·
Registered
930 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:

~Peace
dunno if it handles like shit though...he installed alot of high performance aftermarket vinyl on it. if you look closely, you can see some of it in the picture.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
94PreludeJDM said:
Yeah maybe it's kevlar reinforced vinyl that gives the car tons of rigidity and makes it super safe. I've also heard vinyl can give you an extra 50hp to the wheels.
the brighter and more obscene the vinyl looks, the more hp and torque you get. it can add v t e c h at times to!! :hehe

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Anyone know if those carbon doors are available retail, or a custom job? Ive seen Hoods, Fenders and Trunks, but this is the first as far as doors for preludes.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
94PreludeJDM said:
Yeah maybe it's kevlar reinforced vinyl that gives the car tons of rigidity and makes it super safe. I've also heard vinyl can give you an extra 50hp to the wheels.
don't start that shit it isn't even funny anymore.. you arent the first one to think of it and jokes like that have been beaten to death over and over again. hopefully you didnt choose stand up comedy as your career.

·
Registered
399 Posts
WillyG said:
don't start that shit it isn't even funny anymore.. you arent the first one to think of it and jokes like that have been beaten to death over and over again. hopefully you didnt choose stand up comedy as your career.
Easy there, I'm quite aware, I didn't attempt to be original and whitty. If you want I can just say that the fact that he has vinyl from performance companies doesn't mean that he actually has parts from the companies he has advertised, and doesn't mean that the car will handle well. No need to get all worked up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.