Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I am in the process of putting together a DIY turbo kit for my D series motor in my recently acquired '94 Si. I was able to pickup a cast Greddy style log manifold with a T25 flange for very little :D However, I have not been able to decide on a turbo as of yet.

I will be using stock internals for the foreseeable future and do not plan to ever run more than 8psi of boost.

What I would really like to accomplish is to have boost as quickly off-idle as possible and continue to have boost until 7k rpm, but realizing that a super small turbo will begin to lose efficiency around 5k.

I am contemplating getting a GT15. Will I have any durability problems and what will be the boost characteristics?

Also, what other non-Garrett turbos are out there that use this flange.

I am under the impression that a Mitsubishi td04-15g will fit, but I have been unable to confirm. I also believe that there may be a couple of IHI models that will fit.

Any help is appreciated.

PMB

·
Registered
444 Posts
you could use a nice ballbearing t28 or a gt28 which are nice and will carry boost to the higher rpms because of the bearings

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
any mitsusbishi turbo should fit that manifold.
T25
14b
16g big or small
evoIII
T28
18g

etc...

your best option would be the 14b. the t25 runs out of breath at high rpm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts